Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Joining Nitro...

So effective tomorrow when I pick up my new boat, I will be the proud owner of a brand new 2018 z19 with the Pro package. I've been in my 2001 zx225 for the past 12 years. Looking forward to the new rig. Going to take some getting use to with the Mercury. I'll add some pics tomorrow when I get it. I'm going to add my dual power poles from my Skeeter and the 10in Helix graphs I had on my boat.

2. Member
    Congrats

3. Member
    I came out of a 05 zx225 loved my skeeter hated my hpdi, my z19 fishes much bigger than my skeeter did I think its the extra width. You will love the performance I have 2 8ft Power poles and its loaded heavy it jumps on plane. Congrats

4. Member
    Good for you. I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment. You aren't far from me across the border. I hope the heavy rains for past 3 days don't mess up the lakes too much.

Dave, what prop is on yours? When I picked up mine last week I forgot to even ask about it. Mine has a Fury, I assume a 24, with no plugs in any of the vent holes. I am not so concerned about speed but I do like it to get on plane without a whole lot of lift of the nose.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    Welcome to the Nitro \ Mercury family

6. Member
    Correction. Mine is a Fury 25. Second correction. I was thinking Bentonville but see you are in Benton. A little further away but still hope the weather lets you get it out.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

7. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Awesome, congrats - post pics!
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

8. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Looked at a Z19 in the low $40s and then saw a Z19 Pro and it was 49k... Is there that much difference? Same hull and outboard. I just don't see 10k in difference. Am I missing something?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    Looked at a Z19 in the low $40s and then saw a Z19 Pro and it was 49k... Is there that much difference? Same hull and outboard. I just don't see 10k in difference. Am I missing something?
    The difference is the packaged accessories below. It's up to you weather or not you'd like those or rig it your own way.

• NEW bow Lowrance® Elite-9 Ti gimbal-mounted fishfinder w/downscan transducer on trolling motor
    • NEW console Lowrance® Elite-9 Ti flush-mounted fishfinder w/HD transducer (2D puck in hull at transom)
    • Minn Kota® Fortrex® 24V, 80-lb. (36.3 kg) thrust, 45" (1.14 m) shaft, foot-control trolling motor w/Universal Sonar 2
    • NMEA® networking between fishfinders & trolling motor
    • NEW cable trolling motor handle
    • NEW T-H Marine livewell culling system
    • Factory-applied keel protector
    • 3-bank, 30-amp battery charger
    • Bow port rod organizer
    • Snap-in sandwich tray for step-up to bow deck cooler
    • Hot Foot™ throttle & Pro-Trim lever
    • Remote oil fill (standard)
    • 31M-AGM cranking battery upgrade
    • Retractable transom trailer tie downs
    • Tandem-axle trailer w/steel fender, surge brakes on 1 axle
    • Custom 14" (35.56 cm) aluminum wheel upgrade for tandem-axle trailer w/spare tire

10. Member
    I just went thru the buying process and worked thru prices a gazillion times. The boats you saw had to have been optioned differently. Base for a non pro Z19 is $35,995. The Z19 Pro is $40,595, $4600 difference. Those prices do not include dealer prep and freight. The Nitro website says $1200 something savings with the Pro package over buying the options separately on the standard Z19. There were some things on the Pro package I didn't want but the big thing for me was I need a single axle trailer because I have to move it too much in my garage and the Pro comes with a tandem. I found a standard model with the options I wanted (plus a few) but without electronics. I had the dealer install 2 Power Pole Blades, 2 leftover HDS7 Gen 3's and a Merc Monitor. That stuff was much cheaper, almost as cheap as doing it myself.

I'm sure you probably know but you can build what you want on the Nitro website. Every option is listed with pricing so you can do some comparison. On edit, I was going to refer you to the website to find the extras on the Pro but Sun Fish did it for you. Good luck and hope this helps.
    Last edited by jtrac; 03-05-2018 at 12:06 AM.
    Jim

11. Member
    Congrats on the new ride!

Now all you've gotta' do is get ready for the hate looks from 'brand X-ers'. There simply isn't one 'perfect' boat, just the one that's perfect for you.

Speaking of building a Nitro on the site. I find it REALLY strange that with MOST of them the most expensive graph you can build-out with is an Elite unit, all the way to the Elite 12's. You can't spec them with HDS Gen3's or Carbon's.
    I know at the dealer you can, but not on-line, go figure.

The 2018 Z21 Pro you can't put Gen3's on which is weird to say the least.. Last Z21 I did on-line was high 66K plus freight and tax, WITHOUT Gen3's! Had a kitchen sink AND a microwave though.

Figure by the time I did Gen3's or Carbon, then trying to upgrade to 10' Blades it'd be over 70K out the door. No thank you.... I'll stick to my lil' ol' Z9 with half that in it. Still get the 'you got a stinkin' Nitro' look from folks but hey.... she's paid for. (Popping 10' Blades on it this week me hopes.)
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

12. Member
    Also pays to look for model year leftovers. Im in my 2017 Z21 Pro Package for 54K before tax.

13. Member
    Congrats and welcome!!!

14. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Here's the exact boat that I am looking at. Sharp as a tack in my opinion. But I just can't find the 10k difference with the options listed. Going to Columbia for work already later in the week, but having a hard time thinking that is more than 39-42k boat?

http://www.berkeleyoutdoors.com/defa...=xNewInventory

15. Member
    That boat starts at $40,595, add shipping and prep, maybe around $1400, a Power Pole for at minimum $1500, the upgraded wheels and tires which are $1850, fiberglass fenders for $1000 and whatever other options are not listed and it is getting on up there. Hope the dealer will work with you some.
    Jim

16. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Thanks jtrac!! I was under impression that the powerpole was standard on the Z19 Pro package.

You are going to love the rig.... And I can't help but mention one last time for anyone that may be interested that my 2017 Z19 is still for sale.. Asking an even lower price of $36,500... See photos and all included in the Nitro Boats for Sale forum. It is loaded...

Listed back on 10/10/2017....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

18. Member
    Thanks jtrac!! I was under impression that the powerpole was standard on the Z19 Pro package.
    It was for the 17 models but not the 18's.
    Jim

19. Member
    The one in the link will include a single pole, according to the ad. So there's that.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

20. Member
    Congratulations!!! I am waiting on my dealer to have my 2018 Z21 ready. I did the deal Saturday and today they said I am 4th in line!!! Hope it is ready by the weekend! UGH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast