Comments on a G. Loomis rod

Anyone have a review of the G. Loomis pro Imx 875C Carolina rod? Thanks

The IMX-PRO series are fantastic rods overall first off. They are a significant improvement over the previous generation IMX rods in my opinion. The 875 CRR is a very stout rod that can easily handle 3/4 and 1 oz. c-rig weights. The handle is comfortably long for two handed casting, the rod is lightweight overall, and sensitive. It also makes a fine big foot ball jig rod in deep water, etc. Be glad to get you a fine deal on one through The Tackle Trap if you decide to go that route. Feel free to PM me with any questions, thanks!

3. Member
    I was thinking of going this route if I don't have a custom built using the Hydra Mag bass 5 power NG blank in the 7'3"? Thoughts Bronzefly? Thanks

4. Member
    ?

I haven't ever seen or held a Hydra Mag, nor have I heard of it, so I have nothing to add about that rod. I do know about the Loomis however, and as I wrote, it's really nice!

6. Member
    Bronzefly, these blanks are what ALX rods use on their builds as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Thanks - I have no real time on the water experience with ALX blanks either, but again, you can't go wrong with the new IMX-PRO series. If you decide to go that route, let me know, be glad to get you set up with a BBC member deal on one!

Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Not hijacking, but I want to make sure accurate info is in place. It's the same company. Hydra Fishing, LLC (Hydra blanks) is the sole owner and producer of the ALX Rods brand.

The Hydra blank you are referring to should build out about 4.5oz and come in around $250ish on a normal build. Reference the ALX Rods ZOLO Dragger to see solid reviews both on here and our from our dealers.

9. Member
    Thanks everyone, I'll keep checking back on this page for updates. Going one of these routes though.