Where to mount a Garmin GT22 chirp transducer to get readings at all speeds?

The dealer was suppose to install on the port side of the stern but it ended up dead center of hull. I get a great read below 5mph but above that and on plane, just a bunch of lines. I am using the transducer with 73DV at the dash area. What suggestions do you have. Its on a Ranger 1850 Reata. I noticed that its really not on straight. Should they move it to port side and should this improve the readings at 20mph plus. Appreciate your input

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Post some pics of the rear of your boat to give us a better idea of what it looks like....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Post some pics of the rear of your boat to give us a better idea of what it looks like....
    I can post pictures later today. How do I post a pictures? I saw on You Tube that's the best place to put a chirp transducer is in middle of hull but only get good readings at speeds below 5mph

4. Member

Pictures of setup

Hope attachments are on here, help on attaching pictures to replies, thank you

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here are the pics for coach.....

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The reason why its not reading is cause it above the pad and when your running that portion where its mounted is out of the water....it would need to be mounted at the pad line like the 2d ducer to the right......not sure if i'd mount it on the port side and reason i say that is seem i read that it can interfere with the water flow to the prop.....

7. Banned
    Honestly I would leave it where it is. If you can utilize the 2D transducer for depth at speed I'd go that route. They're cheaper to replace if it gets sheared off.

8. Member
    I think your right for now. I feel I can test it for a month or so. And if I am not happy after testing, the dealer will change. If he feels its too late. I can find another one to take care of my problem. Thanks for your input.