Panoptix PS-22 Not showing both views

Just got my PS-22 connected to my new Echomap 93SV plus and it will only show the down view. I don’t seem to have the forward view available. Isn’t the Ps-22 transducer supposed to have both views? Anyone know how to fix this?
    Last edited by subgriffith; 02-23-2018 at 10:17 PM.

2. Member
    From what I have read. The transducer knows which way it’s pointing. You won’t get the other view unless the transducer is pointing that way.

3. Member
    From the mounting instructions that came with the transducer, I have it mounted on the head slightly pointed downward which is supposed to give you both forward and downward views I thought. I guess I can try tilting it back up some to see if that changes it.

4. Member
    You have to angle the transducer straight down for DownVü. Angle it 15-30 degrees down for forwardvu.

5. Member
    That being said...broke down and got ps22. Will I be able to see both the ps30 and ps22 DownVü on the same screen?

6. Member
    I was able to get forward vu by rotating the transducer. So you were right, the transducer is smart enough to know which way it is pointed to give you down or forward view. But what I am a bit disappointed in is I thought I would be able to get both simultaneously without having to turn the transducer. I thought that was benefit of the ps-22. So if I want down vu, I have to stow the trolling motor and rotate transducer and then put it back in the water. I was under the impression from reading you could get both view together and you just switch views on your Echomap. But that is not the case.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by subgriffith View Post
    I was able to get forward vu by rotating the transducer. So you were right, the transducer is smart enough to know which way it is pointed to give you down or forward view. But what I am a bit disappointed in is I thought I would be able to get both simultaneously without having to turn the transducer. I thought that was benefit of the ps-22. So if I want down vu, I have to stow the trolling motor and rotate transducer and then put it back in the water. I was under the impression from reading you could get both view together and you just switch views on your Echomap. But that is not the case.
    well dang, that was my thoughts on it too.. now I don't know if its worth it to get the 22 over the 21

Nope gotta manually turn it. Only one view at a time.

9. Member
    Anyone try to mount 2 PS22 on one pole (one down, one forward)? I am thinking about that.

If so, what ecomap model should I buy? Thanks.

Okay guys here’s the deal and it was just covered in another thread. If you put the PS 22 facing forward 3 clicks down you will see the surface down to straight under the bow if your trolliing Motor mounted. That s huge area. If you go split screen with Panoptics on the right and 2D on the left you can watch fish swim live from in front of your boat to under your boat. If that’s not enough coverage then we a problem. If you tilt the PS 22 down you will see a huge area of the bottom live.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusflyr View Post
    That being said...broke down and got ps22. Will I be able to see both the ps30 and ps22 DownVü on the same screen?
    Had it out today for first time, a resounding no on my question. Wish that was my only problem.

12. Member
    This is why I was considering the PS 22 only for ice fishing. On my boat setup. I run a PS 30 on transom and PS21 on my terrova bow mount. On custom screen I have the PS 21 and PS 30 which shows both on same screen. My favorite setup when looking for fish.

Don't know if you could use PS22 in down mode in conjunction with the PS21. If possible would be most economical method to have both down and forward views.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassun View Post
    Anyone try to mount 2 PS22 on one pole (one down, one forward)? I am thinking about that.

If so, what ecomap model should I buy? Thanks.
    Pretty sure the Echomap has only 1 panoptix port.

Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    Don't know if you could use PS22 in down mode in conjunction with the PS21. If possible would be most economical method to have both down and forward views.
    With current software, yes you can run this configuration.
    Garmin Pro Team

15. Member
    Update....the first time out on the water with my new PS-22 and Echomap 93SV plus, the panoptix display and option would keep going in and out. It would sometimes show up on the the Echomap and then sometimes it would not be there. I thought maybe I had a short in the power to the transducer. So I took it to my local Phoenix dealer and had them redo all the cable connections and it still was going in and out. They got on the phone with Garmin tech support and verified they had the latest Echomap updates but no changes. After doing several things troubleshooting, they determined it was a bad transducer. So I sent back the PS22 to cabelas and got a new one. Just had it installed today and they thought everything was finally working correctly. They put it in the water and verified it all worked great. I get it home and now it doesn’t work again. I power on the Echomap and the panoptix selection is not even available. It’s like the transducer is not even plugged up. This is so aggravating and it has already cost me $300 in extra labor. Does anyone have any ideas? Garmin reps - have you heard of anything like this before and what do you suggest because so far I have had nothing but headaches with this thing for 2 weeks since I got it.

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Can you verify that the PS 22 has power to the power cable and also is the fuse still good?? I'd check that first.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

17. Member
    Had a similar issue trying to run my ps21 and ps30 through a network port. Ended up being an intermittent connection at one of the network connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by subgriffith View Post
    Update....the first time out on the water with my new PS-22 and Echomap 93SV plus, the panoptix display and option would keep going in and out. It would sometimes show up on the the Echomap and then sometimes it would not be there. I thought maybe I had a short in the power to the transducer. So I took it to my local Phoenix dealer and had them redo all the cable connections and it still was going in and out. They got on the phone with Garmin tech support and verified they had the latest Echomap updates but no changes. After doing several things troubleshooting, they determined it was a bad transducer. So I sent back the PS22 to cabelas and got a new one. Just had it installed today and they thought everything was finally working correctly. They put it in the water and verified it all worked great. I get it home and now it doesn’t work again. I power on the Echomap and the panoptix selection is not even available. It’s like the transducer is not even plugged up. This is so aggravating and it has already cost me $300 in extra labor. Does anyone have any ideas? Garmin reps - have you heard of anything like this before and what do you suggest because so far I have had nothing but headaches with this thing for 2 weeks since I got it.
    Did you get this straightened out? Good advice above, checking for good power and ethernet connection.
    Garmin Pro Team