Remote fuel tank

Getting ready to fire up my 96 225 EFI. SN OG 337051
    Unfortunately, it has sat in my heated shop without being started for 2 years. (please be kind, I've had some major back issues that prevented me from starting it). Long story short, I just had major back surgery (very successful) that will now allow me to pick up my bass fishing passion again soon.

Don,this is the motor I shipped to you from Texas for a rebuild. It was the one that was packaged in the bomb proof crate you guys teased me about
    And Don, I will be placing an order with you guys for the parts, just let me know if I have left anything below out as far as parts.

Batteries were always charged, the key turned over to cycle the fuel pump. I will be doing all the required PM like plugs, engine mounted fuel filter, impeller, etc. I have treated the fuel before storing. There is a scant amount of fuel left in the main tanks so I would like to use a 6 gallon remote tank to start it for the first time to assure it's getting the cleanest fuel possible. I have the proper fittings to connect it to the motor itself as well.

Is there anything I need to watch for or do before I fire it up from the remote tank? Will the oil injection work and fuel pressures be OK on a remote tank. Seems simple, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Also, any other things I should do before starting since it has sat so long? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    You will be fine using the remote tank with fresh straight fuel. If you wanted to you could put a 50:1 gas oil mix in the remote tank and fire it up on the muffs, then shut it down, change the spark plugs and switch to the main fuel tank.

3. Member
    I once ran an outboard that had not been cranked in two years. After I went fishing the first time, I had to rebuild it. I STRONGLY suggest a new water pump immediately.

4. Member
    I plan to do all PM before even cranking it up for sure.