Question 1504s trim sensor

I have a 2018 Merc. 1504S,it has a 3wire trim sensor that I think is a digital sender. Is there a analog sender that I can get to replace the present sender so I can use a standard trim gauge? I don't want to put in a MercMonitor in! What would the two wires (brown/white strip & black) be hooked to. There is a brown/white wire stub laying below the 3 wire hookup,plus 2 other wire stubs.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There is a Converter available the plugs in between the sensor and the engine harness.

The converter provides an analog connection/signal.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks for the info.,but is there a analog trim sender that will work on this motor? Which would be the better the two,new sensor or converter & price diff.? I did see a brown/white wire in the wire group heading towards the front of the boat.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There is NO other option. If you want Analog- you buy the Tilt Limit and Converter Module.

No "analog" sender is offered (the PCM REQUIRES the Digital Sensor be in place).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    do you know what the Mercury part number is for this converter so I can go to my Ranger/Mercury dealer to get one, so I can install one when can get my boat out of winter storage?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    According to SB 2012-07, use Converter Part# 8M0059529

7. Member
    Thanks for the part number. I will get one when the weather warms up so I can work on the boat outside.

8. 1sharphook
    lineman42,

I have a digital to analog trim sensor converter as removed from my 2013 Mercury 150 HP FourStroke with 40 hours on it. I’ve upgraded to a Mercmonitor with System Link gauges so I no longer need this.

I see you are a Veteran and will send this to you at no charge if you send me a private message with your mailing address.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    lineman42,

I have a digital to analog trim sensor converter as removed from my 2013 Mercury 150 HP FourStroke with 40 hours on it. I’ve upgraded to a Mercmonitor with System Link gauges so I no longer need this.

I see you are a Veteran and will send this to you at no charge if you send me a private message with your mailing address.

That's a Great Offer!

10. Member
    1 SHARPHOOK Thank You very much,I have sent you a private message,again thanks!

11. Member
    Threads like this is what make BBC a great place. One of Mercury's best dealers and technicians helping out with advice and part numbers and one member helping another that's awesome. The Tin Boat forum which I hang out in gets a little old with the boat bashing and bitterness over there. We all should be thankful to have the luxury of owning a boat.