Banned

Rod Builder's Expo in Winston-Salem, NC Bound

Got to pick up a few New rod components. Getting a Rainshadow blank to build one good jig pitchin', Texas-riggin', A-rig slingin' rod. It'll have to be an incognito rod.

How was it man, things didnt work out and i didnt get to go for the first time in years.

3. Goby King
    It was better than 2015, but not as good as 2010-2013.

I snagged a Rodgeeks blank, some mandrels and EVA blocks from Billy V and some cork blocks from custom fly and Joaquin.

Had dinner with the NERBs at Foothills on Friday and Saturday. Walked around talking to pretty much everyone there. Showed off a cork grip I've been working on for a while. Should get it finished up this week.

Got about an hour left on the drive home.

4. Member
    I had a good time as well. I scored a few good deals on some Liberty and Rod Geek blanks. Also, picked up a few of the clearance blanks from Mud hole. Purchase several reel seats, and EVA to make some new grips.

6. Anglersedgecustomrods
    I was there also, had a blast!

7. Banned
    I guess I'll get some ctritisium concerning this rod built but that's why it is called custom rod building. Been a little time since the Expo. Finally made time to start the build of new rod. With components purchased at the 2018 ICRBE and Get Bit Outdoor. This year I built on a Liberty MB 794 7'9" Med Heave blank. Primarily built to pitch jigs, T-rigs, and casting an Alabama Rig. I modified this build by placing 15 guides from stripper 13' from reel to the tip. Guide location determined by putting rod under a load with guides placed where line DOESN'T contact rod at all. Using all mini guides except three micro guides closest to the tip top and the Micro Wave Micro guide stripper guide. I tested this rod casting an A-Rig. It performed great.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelman99 View Post
    performed great.
    Nuff said.

9. Banned
    Made a little change to newly built rod. With stripper guide at 13" from face of reel rod. With rod in a static load position was able to remove three guides yet still retain integrity of NO LINE contacting rod when rod loaded.

I was at the Expo this year and got what I went to get but as a whole I really wasn't satisfied with it size this year as compared to last years. That said I wi'll be there next year for sure.