Feedback needed on 2008 TR 20X2 with 250 pro xs

Oops. That should have read 21X2. Top speed, handling, rough water ride, pros and cons.

The good the bad and the ugly if you will. Thanks.

2. Member
    It's a big wide boat max speed 71-72 good ride in rough water.

3. Member
    I have the same boat excellent in rough water around 70 mph with just me and a full tank. Only problem I have had is the piece of shit push button pads. Mine also has a hydraulic jack plate so if yours doesn't may change a ride a bit.

4. Member
    Seems others have had problems with those pads as well

5. Member
    I have a 2007. If you play with the plate and prop enough you can get a little out of it. I’ve seen 74 solo with a stock tempest at 3 3/8 below. Get a buddy a full tank and a full live well and 68-69 is all you get. Plenty fast for me since you start walking at 68 anyway. Rough water ride is very good. When it’s just heavy chop you trim down and that big keel section slices and smooths things out. Best riding boat in those conditions I’ve been in. When it gets rolling and you have to trim to the sky to keep from spearing I’ve been it boats that landed softer but none that felt drier and safer. As a fishing platform it is excellent. Storage layout is not perfect but the shear quantity of storage makes up for it.

6. Member
    Love mine, I put fury 4 25 pitch on and it jumps right out of hole. Also put hydraulic jackplate on but can't really feel that much of a difference going up and down with it. I have noticed in rollers it seems to want to drop the bow much easier then my tr20, probably just take some getting use to the boat though.

7. Member
    I had one awesome boat, wish they still made it!

Its like the Escalade XL!!! Smooth ride, plenty of room. Speed is not the best but when other guys have to let up and trim it back you just tap her down a click or two and stay in it and it will drive itself