Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Consumer Reports cars

Looks like Ford and Toyota paid the most.

2. Member
    Can't go wrong with Toyota. They rarely break.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy11 View Post
    I wish mine would have got that memo.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Looks like Ford and Toyota paid the most.
    -
    Consumer Reports doesn’t accept advertising..............you a Chevy owner?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy11 View Post
    I just called my dealer for service on my Tacoma since it turned 50,000 miles. He kinda chuckled and told me to come in and they'd change the oil and check the filters and brakes but not to expect much for another 10,000 miles or so. Or I could just swing through the local Quick Lube and save myself $15.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Consumer's Report used to like Ramblers a lot. Look what happened to them.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    I just called my dealer for service on my Tacoma since it turned 50,000 miles. He kinda chuckled and told me to come in and they'd change the oil and check the filters and brakes but not to expect much for another 10,000 miles or so. Or I could just swing through the local Quick Lube and save myself $15.
    My Toyota dealer does all maintenance for the first 4 oil changes. But appointments are rationed out. And 0W16 weight oil is not sold in Wal-Mart or national chain parts houses.

After the freebies are up, hopefully they will never see me again. My Lexus dealer has never seen my car since I bought it 11 years ago.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    And 0W16 weight oil is not sold in Wal-Mart or national chain parts houses.
    Pennzoil Platinum 0W16 is now available. Honda/Acura vehicles use that viscosity grade as well.
    And many others moving to it. We've already got 0W12 and 0W8 on the table for future release.

9. Member
    I work at Ford...but I will tell you this... Consumer's report isn't worth the paper it is printed on and none of the manufacturers use their data to work on Quality improvements..They basically have a board that tests the vehicle short term.. Stick with JD powers...Real Data collected from actual consumers....You can actually pull the TGW list for the vehicle you are looking to purchase..

10. Member
    Consumer Reports lol...."The Ferrari 458 gets a 0.5 rating as the ride is too stiff, the engine far too noisy and gas mileage is poor. We recommend the Toyota Prius instead"
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    I work at Ford...but I will tell you this... Consumer's report isn't worth the paper it is printed on and none of the manufacturers use their data to work on Quality improvements..They basically have a board that tests the vehicle short term.. Stick with JD powers...Real Data collected from actual consumers....You can actually pull the TGW list for the vehicle you are looking to purchase..
    -
    I used to subscribe to Consumer Reports years back and would get extremely long, detailed surveys to fill out regarding products (including vehicles) we owned. Maybe they just threw them away. But, the whole appeal is that they don’t accept advertising.
    -
    I know CR has laboratories and test tracks and things to test certain products; not sure how that comes into play. But, JD Powers accepting advertising, leaves their results a little suspect.
    -
    Ole Mahk down below, talks about some of Chevys ‘dependability’ JD Power awards. (Caution: language warning)
    -

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motomania View Post
    -
    I used to subscribe to Consumer Reports years back and would get extremely long, detailed surveys to fill out regarding products (including vehicles) we owned. Maybe they just threw them away. But, the whole appeal is that they don’t accept advertising.
    -
    I know CR has laboratories and test tracks and things to test certain products; not sure how that comes into play. But, JD Powers accepting advertising, leaves their results a little suspect.
    -
    Ole Mahk down below, talks about some of Chevys ‘dependability’ JD Power awards. (Caution: language warning)
    -
    So if they only poll their subscribers how long would it take to figure out a trend of a certain model?? That is not a huge pool of owners to draw from when you consider that the top models of vehicles sell 100s of thousands of vehicles every year..How many subscribers to Consumer reports actually own that Make, Model and year?? .. JD powers gets the list from the dealer of the buyers so they have that high number of owners to draw from.......I have never gotten one on a Truck but I got a survey on my Bass Cat...
    I am not so sure they except advertising but I know that manufacturers do pay JD powers to collect the data....

Drive by your Toyota dealer and tell me how many work bays are open ?? They must have a lot of car detailing going on lmaoo

Self reporting yourself always works out well... they tell more lies than fishermen

14. Member
    I have owned 4 different Toyota Camrys. A 1992, 1996, 1999 and still own a 2005. All have been more dependable by a long shot than any Chevy, Pontiac or Ford that I've also owned. The 2005 has 160,000 miles on it and still runs like new. All the others had over 200,000 miles on them when 2 were given to kids and they ended up totaling them. All of them had virtually no problems other than routine maintenance.

15. Member
    Microsoft used to have a website called carpoint that kept extensive auto repair data and listed dependability ratings on cars . There findings were very accurate but the website is no longer in service.

16. Banned
    -

17. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Almost Positive >> In early 80's when Toyota became popular they had around 200 problems per 100 cars.American cars were well over 500+ per 100. Nowadays- My educated guess would be all cars are under < 160 per 100.(good catch Quake)/////////// Life is short > Your driving life is even shorter(16-80+....LOL). Buy a car or truck that makes you Happy to drive and Fits your needs and personality. Almost all cars/trucks are dependable today- so get something that you enjoy driving !!! It is stressful enough driving everywhere and especially in traffic, so make it comfortable....
    Last edited by Basscaster; 02-24-2018 at 12:01 PM.

18. Member
    Liking my wifes Subaru real well for car. F150 for trucks.
    Praying for a Cure

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    Almost Positive >> In early 80's when Toyota became popular they had around 200 problems per 1000 cars.American cars were well over 500+ per 1000. Nowadays- My educated guess would be all cars are under 50 per 1000./////////// Life is short > Your driving life is even shorter(16-80+....LOL). Buy a car or truck that makes you Happy to drive and Fits your needs and personality. Almost all cars/trucks are dependable today- so get something that you enjoy driving !!! It is stressful enough driving everywhere and especially in traffic, so make it comfortable....
    Looks to be rated issues per 100

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    Looks to be rated issues per 100

I find it interesting that all Chrysler brands/products have been near worst on this list for many years now
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast