Banned

Fried Country Ham

Marinated three big slices in Pepsi this morning. Will make some biscuits and mashed potatoes to accompany it, and top with redeye gravy. I better get these dogs fed and get home.

2. Member
    Yum sounds good!!!!!!!!

I have never had redeye gravy but I have had plenty of fried country ham and eggs and biscuits man that is some fine eats
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

Red eye gravy have some over the many past years, but can count on 1 hand total lolo. And really no reason not to eat more RE Gravy, but just don't cook ham that often I reckon.. cracker Barrel had it at times..

5. Banned
    It has been a while since I had any real country ham. If you find country ham processed the old way, chances are it came from Kentucky or Tennessee.

Let me just say it is an acquired taste.

6. Member
    real re gravy Is made with coffee an homemade is the best, center cut nc ham rules

7. Member
    I have one straight out of smoke house and hanging in basement now. I like a good 2 year old ham. Nothing like a ham that sit in a oak salt box and cold smoked and then sweated all summer in the smoke house lol. Lovem!

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 07vette View Post
    I have one straight out of smoke house and hanging in basement now. I like a good 2 year old ham. Nothing like a ham that sit in a oak salt box and cold smoked and then sweated all summer in the smoke house lol. Lovem!
    There you go. Some of the finest country hams ever came out of Western KY. It is almost a lost art.

9. Member
    My favorite lake breakfast. Fry a ham steak, biscuits. Fry an egg, after I turn it, drop some cheese on top of it. Wrap em up, throw in boat. Hot or cold. Damn good. Want the egg to run just a little.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

10. Member
    Red eye gravy made with ham drippings and coffee, served over grits with biscuits, eggs what every style you prefer can make for the best meal of your life.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

11. Member
    that is what I was getting to you hit it out of the park QUOTE=Cape Fear;9158914]Red eye gravy made with ham drippings and coffee, served over grits with biscuits, eggs what every style you prefer can make for the best meal of your life.[/QUOTE]