What bracket mounts do i need for talon install?

Going to pull the trigger and buy a pair of talons. I have a stratos 22ss extreme and I'm having trouble deciding how to go about mounting the talons. What do I need here?

In many cases if you have a Jack Plate you can use a jack plate adapter bracket which will hook directly to the bracket that comes with the Talon from Factory. I personally have a CMC manual Jack Plate and had to put a sandwich adapter bracket on because the bolts and the Jack Plate did not fit the bolts in the Jack Plate Talon bracket. If you do not have a Jack Plate then you must go with a sandwich style adapter bracket. If where you're storing your boat has low clearance you may also need tilt brackets to collapse the talons over the back deck.
    Scott Inman

3. Member
    Thanks for response. I am in the same boat, I think I'll have to go with sandwich install as well. My only concern is with the back edges of the transom come so far back idk if there will be room?

4. Member
    Can anyone see the pictures attached? I attached 2 pictures of my hull to see it sandwhich mounts would workc but i can not see them
    Last edited by Bassmaster09; 02-27-2018 at 07:09 AM. Reason: pics wont show up

5. Member
    Can't see the pics. Usually the JP brackets, since they're adjustable, will work however, it all depends on how much room you have to the side. Also depends on if you JP is drilled with the 1/2" holes for the brackets to attach to.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]