Banned

Kastking Baitcasting reels review.

Kastking Royale baitcaters reveiw.

-The amouth of ball bearings it has (11 BB 7:0:1 ratio)
    -Its kinda smooth while cranking crankbaits.

Dislikes:*
    - Noisy as hell. When you cast it, its loud clunking
    - when you reel in, its loud as well
    - Brand new out of the box and the handles were wobbly on the reel like its cheaply made.
    - Doesnt like braid.*
    - Dial in is a pain in the ass. 20 yrs of competitve bass fishing and ive never had this much trouble dialing in a reel. Once it stops backlashing, youre only able to throw a crankbait 20 yards with no control and not loose enough to make a roll or underhand cast if need be. No matter what the settings are, you CAN NOT load up on it to make a long cast. You cant even lower the settings and try to lob it far. You WILL backlash every single time!! Forgot about anything over 1/2 oz as well. This is not a good option for carolina rig or cranking where you want a good long cast.
    - Customer service is a joke.

Overall, i really dont like these reels. I bought 7 of them to replace all my Abu Garcias on my brand new Dobyns rods for this upcoming season and it was a bad mistake. These reels make a awesome rod perform like crap and you spend your day picking out backlashes after backlashes instead of fishing. You will not get the distance out of these reels as you can with $100 reels. You do get what you pay for i guess

Im not sure if i got a bad batch, but its like this in all 7 of the reels i purchased. If i could, id send these back for my money back. I spent close to $300 on reels that i will have to sell on craigslist for dirt cheap jus to get rid of them since kastking wont fix it

Most important, Kastking will not stand behind their products and will ignore you. Ive made three attempts to email them with no replies. They must know what they are selling since their website states they will not give you a refund unless it was unused. Getting a good deal is not always the best in the end when dealing with these companys and this was a good example of "to good to be true".*

Thats my .02.....
    BUYER BEWARE!!

2. Member
    I would have bought 1 to start with. But look at the bright side you have 7 reels you can give to kids that don't have one. Since I'm sure there is not a strong resale on them. Go to bass pro and pick up some pro qualifier reels li you want a good cheap reel.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

3. Banned
    Sometimes price is a reflection. KK brand reels are geared towards the YouTube sheep.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesfromID View Post
    Kastking Royale baitcaters reveiw.

-The amouth of ball bearings it has (11 BB 7:0:1 ratio)
    -Its kinda smooth while cranking crankbaits.

Dislikes:*
    - Noisy as hell. When you cast it, its loud clunking
    - when you reel in, its loud as well
    - Brand new out of the box and the handles were wobbly on the reel like its cheaply made.
    - Doesnt like braid.*
    - Dial in is a pain in the ass. 20 yrs of competitve bass fishing and ive never had this much trouble dialing in a reel. Once it stops backlashing, youre only able to throw a crankbait 20 yards with no control and not loose enough to make a roll or underhand cast if need be. No matter what the settings are, you CAN NOT load up on it to make a long cast. You cant even lower the settings and try to lob it far. You WILL backlash every single time!! Forgot about anything over 1/2 oz as well. This is not a good option for carolina rig or cranking where you want a good long cast.
    - Customer service is a joke.

Overall, i really dont like these reels. I bought 7 of them to replace all my Abu Garcias on my brand new Dobyns rods for this upcoming season and it was a bad mistake. These reels make a awesome rod perform like crap and you spend your day picking out backlashes after backlashes instead of fishing. You will not get the distance out of these reels as you can with $100 reels. You do get what you pay for i guess

Im not sure if i got a bad batch, but its like this in all 7 of the reels i purchased. If i could, id send these back for my money back. I spent close to $300 on reels that i will have to sell on craigslist for dirt cheap jus to get rid of them since kastking wont fix it

Most important, Kastking will not stand behind their products and will ignore you. Ive made three attempts to email them with no replies. They must know what they are selling since their website states they will not give you a refund unless it was unused. Getting a good deal is not always the best in the end when dealing with these companys and this was a good example of "to good to be true".*

Thats my .02.....
    BUYER BEWARE!!
    At least you are honest and admitted you made a mistake, maybe others won't do the same.

5. Banned
    I finally got a email after i posted the one on amazon. The guy was really a d*ck and basically put it that i didnt know how to setup an reel. But after 5 back to forth emails, i got him to send me a package label to send back all reels for a refund.

6. Member
    I’m glad you didn’t give them to kids.

Does kastking even make one with with a aluminum frame ? As far as I know they are all plastic (might be mistaken)... If you want a cheap reel that will hold up (aluminum frame) look at the Daiwa Fuego CT , $68 free shipping on ebay. It's the same as the Tatula CT but , no T-wing.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    If you want a cheap reel that will hold up (aluminum frame) look at the Daiwa Fuego CT , $68 free shipping on ebay.
    Yeah with that under 70 dollar Fuego CT...I don't know if there's a single reason to look at the Chinese OEM junkers.

You don't always get what you pay for... but you always pay for what you get.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Yeah with that under 70 dollar Fuego CT...I don't know if there's a single reason to look at the Chinese OEM junkers.
    I saw those at Cabelas tonight. They seem smooth. How do they cast?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesfromID View Post
    I saw those at Cabelas tonight. They seem smooth. How do they cast?
    They bomb cast just like the tatula ct.

12. Banned
    Nice. Ill have to buy a few once i send this crap back. ;)

13. Banned
    Has any feild tested the shimano casitas 150HG? i played around with one from a local store and couldnt believe how smooth it is. Jus curious how it performs under a load with a crankbait.

14. private pond ninja
    You get what you pay for
    __________________________________________________ ______________

15. Member
    I took a chance and went Chinese on a reel at slightly less than $40.00. A Piscifun 7.1:1 baitcaster, works fine bought it last July. I will say this about braid, there's braid and there's braid. I don't use braid on this particular reel, I use 20 pound Trimax, it works fine I fish a LOT. Some braid especially 4 strand or cheap braid absorbs a lot of water and will backlash on any reel.
    I'm totally satisfied but it's not quite as good feeling as my BPS Qualifiers, same ratio. I bought it because I needed a reel quickly, it was delivered in 2 days for free.
    I think if I had invested in 7 baitcasters I'd have tried different line.