Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tell me about your Pantera IV

Looking at a 2014 with a 200 Optimax. Never set foot in a Bass Cat - no dealers local either. Just looking for some general feedback about that fishabilty, ride, performance, etc. I really like the storage layout of the front deck.

2. Member
    I don't personally own one, but a very good friend owned one. It was one well put together boat, one of the most stable platforms I've ever been on, and a super smooth and dry ride. If you take it for a ride you will bring it home with you.

3. Member
    I have an '06 w/200 Optimax. It's a 70 mph rig, doesn't mind the rough stuff. If you find a Cat in your price range, and you like the layout, that should be enough of a decision maker.
    That's my .02

4. Member
    The reason I bought my PIV was the deck layout. It was perfect for the way I like to set up the storage compartments in a boat. Very stable fishing platform, great ride in rough water, easiest boat you will ever drive, very nimble working around docks, piers, cypress tress etc. Unfortunately BCB has discontinued this model and they have not come out with boat floor plan that is comparable to my liking. I will be hanging on to this model for a long time.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

5. Member

Pantera IV

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    The reason I bought my PIV was the deck layout. It was perfect for the way I like to set up the storage compartments in a boat. Very stable fishing platform, great ride in rough water, easiest boat you will ever drive, very nimble working around docks, piers, cypress tress etc. Unfortunately BCB has discontinued this model and they have not come out with boat floor plan that is comparable to my liking. I will be hanging on to this model for a long time.

I currently own a 2012 Pantera IV and love it. Tons of storage, and a great layout. Very dry/stable ride

Great boat, excellent in big water, rides more like a 20 footer than a 19'. 68-70 mph is usually the norm with a tournament load and partner. I had an '09 and liked it a lot.

7. Member
    Love my 04 PIV. Layout/ storage, ride, and trailer was three keys for me.

I have a 2013 P4 with a 200 Mercury on the back. I have owned a lot of boats in my 61 years but this is the best I have ever owned and is not for sale. It is smooth and eats waves and wakes. Runs right at 70 if I want to but I mainly cruise 40-45. Very Stable fishing platform. I would know I weigh 335 and am 6'1". I usually can make a boat tip when standing on the edge. Not my P4. Tons of Storage and huge Livewells. Very nicely laid out. Did I say tons of Storage? The bilge area is laid out where you can see every pump and replace as needed. You can't go wrong with a P4. It's not the fastest but it is a wide front end all the way to the bow. Best trailer in the industry by far.

Attached Images Attached Images

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

9. Member
    Love my 2003. my only complaint is the cooler size, but I just keep a soft cooler in 1 of the many compartments.Its a little bit of everything a BASS boat needs to be

You guys are killing me...very happy with my 96 PII, but would love to upgrade to an early PIV one day, have been watching for quite some time, just do not see them. Anyone gets wind of anything, appreciate a heads up and message me. Thanks!

...update...found my PIV!
    Last edited by 02bfishn; 12-27-2018 at 07:27 AM.

11. Banned
    Here is a little wave running with my PIV
    Coming back to weigh in, fully loaded full livewells (mostly water ...)

And a little hole shot

Typical for the PIV SHO 200HP with 4blade prop
    Top speed is 65ish.. more than what I need.
    Last edited by D-wayne; 02-25-2018 at 07:38 AM.

And I thought my hole shot was good with a 24 Fury...wow! I do have a little more top end though, 69-70 easy with best being 71.4mph. I might think of going 4 blade now though!

13. Member
    Thanks, guys....missed it by a few hours. Boat shopping is the worst!

Right now it’s a sellers market with bass boats, especially clean ones, in short supply. Things are good in the economy and if it’s clean it most likely won’t last long. There are good sellers and smart buyers, it’s hard to get those two together. Usually those in between just fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Right now it’s a sellers market with bass boats, especially clean ones, in short supply. Things are good in the economy and if it’s clean it most likely won’t last long. There are good sellers and smart buyers, it’s hard to get those two together. Usually those in between just fill the void.

Thats the truth. I'm selling mine and was quoted 14 weeks for my new build. Going to be the longest wait, but worth it.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

16. Member
    Screenshot_20180224-200020.jpgScreenshot_20180224-200020.jpg
    This is my buddies 2003 dry n fast and lots of storage we fish lake Erie 98 percent of the time

17. Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PIV and Puma deck layout are the same. With not too many PIVs out there, i'd think it would be a no brainier to buy an extra foot and 25 or 50 HP, for about the same money. My best friend had a mint 2007 PIV (it burned up in a shop fire), but his boat led to me buying my 2011 Puma, and Ibe not been sorry for a second.

18. Member
    A puma may not fit in your garage :)

I am storage challenged... I might be able to squeeze a Eyra in the garage but only by an inch or two at the very best. No puma... I like the Caracal and it may be my next boat but the PIV would also be on my list. Wonder why they quite making it?

19. Member
    Have a 2015 with the SHO and it is everything mentioned above. I fish solo mostly, but it fishes 3 easily also and is very stable. Storage allows me to carry waaaaay too much stuff. Have a 25P Bravo 4 blade and it just touches 70 loaded down with full tank and just me in it, but I don't trim it up as much as maybe I could? Hole shot is great and eats chop/wakes well. People often ask me what the length is because standing next to or inside it looks/fishes larger than others in same HP class. Trailer makes loading/unloading a piece of cake and it is built like a tank. Will probably end up in a Lynx in a year or two (already thinking about colors again haha) for the extra width and not crazy about the Caracal layout.

headed to pickup a 2005 Pantera 4 w/ 2005 200 Optimax on it......anyone know what net will fit in the net storage ? Also it appears to have a 26P Tempest Plus...what should I expect for holeshot, top end, etc ? (I will be test driving it with no tackle but four batteries in back due to 36V Minn Kota) and two full size guys.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast