Built in setback?

Have read before that verados have "built in setback" what exactly does this mean? I cant really picture it on my 200, ser no 1B890671. When trying to get the proper setback jackplate, what should i consider my "built in"setback to be? Currently mounted on a 6 inch plate, been told i need more like 12-16". So if i added 6 inches am i at 12" total or actually more than 12"?
    Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.

The motor you have is normal, the Verado has the pivot (left to right steering) point forward so the motor prop is future back than yours. Motor sits further back on pivot tube. Your motor pivots dead center of motor the Verado pivots forward of center so engine sits back some 5 1/2 inches. On your motor you need 10 inches setback you use a 10 inch plate. On a Vrod you use a 4 inch or 6 to get 10/11 inches. Look at pictures and the prop is further from mounting plate
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

Now look at this 200efi, it’s center of pivot or steering is closer to the prop motor, turns more center of the whole motor. Notice the Verado above sets the prop naturally further back the motor pivots more back so further back more setback is needed. Verado pivot right on mounting plate, your motor pivots center of motor
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

Thanks Jeff, the pictures help a ton. My 200 verado isnt like the 400 , but not really as centered as my 225 efi or the older one in your pic. Kinda in between