Thread: I-Pilot Link

I-Pilot Link

I have a Helix unit on the bow and a Solix unit at the console. I have a Terrova trolling motor that I would like to add the Link system to. I would also like to add the 360 imaging transducer on the stern linked to the Solix unit. To add the 360 to the Solix will I need to add an external GPS antenna with heading sensor? Is the external GPS with heading sensor needed for the Link system too? The systems are not networked at this time and I was told when I purchased them they will not network well. Only a few programs between the units will work together. At least that is what I was told. Any better information on the networking ability of these two units? If the external antenna is needed any info on which one?

IF you can purchase the new iPilot LINK, it will come with a Heading Sensor. It "talks" to the iPilot GPS via Bluetooth. It is used for the jogging feature.
    The 360 comes with a GPS/Heading Sensor antenna. It connects to a display via cable. It is used to mark and display waypoints on the 360 view.
    Both are Ethernet accessories.
    You don't have to purchase the Minnkota Heading Sensor or Humminbird Heading Sensor/GPS antenna separately. They are completely different and are not interchangeable.

Functionally, a Helix and SOLIX will only share their waypoints.

The 360 will work with a Helix and a SOLIX at the same time. I am not familiar with LINK, but since it is an Ethernet accessory, it may also work with both at the same time.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne
    Thank you for then info. My Terrova is an older unit. I will have to purchase the Link kit for pre-2016 model so I' not sure about it having Bluetooth ability. Do you know if the pre-2016 kit still contains a heading sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarko View Post
    Wayne
    Thank you for then info. My Terrova is an older unit. I will have to purchase the Link kit for pre-2016 model so I' not sure about it having Bluetooth ability. Do you know if the pre-2016 kit still contains a heading sensor?
    Don't have a clue. Mr. Jones on the Electrical and Trolling Motor forum can answer that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    The legacy Link Kits would not have a Heading Sensor (Bluetooth)

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...legacy-terrova
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Thank you!

7. Member
    I do not see why you cannot use the new Link with your present trolling motor as it replaces all the functions that is currently on your current trolling motor t is just a plug and play. I would go with the new Bluetooth Link system. I have the first gen 1 link and am thinking about changing over to the Bluetooth Link as it has jog and spot lock is much better.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
    I do not see why you cannot use the new Link with your present trolling motor as it replaces all the functions that is currently on your current trolling motor t is just a plug and play. I would go with the new Bluetooth Link system. I have the first gen 1 link and am thinking about changing over to the Bluetooth Link as it has jog and spot lock is much better.
    You will have to purchase the entire trolling motor for the new Bluetooth. With the legacy I pilot link you could upgrade with just buying the head inut kit. The new link head unit with Bluetooth is not compatible with the legacy units.