Sabre and a 36v TM

Anyone have a 36v TM on their Sabre? I will probably downsize next year and have been mulling over the Sabre. I have 3 Lithium TM batteries that will probably migrate over from my Cougar. I'd hate to have all those $ just sitting there.

Would a 112 Ultrex be too much of a good thing?

Would all that weight out on the nose prevent it from getting the nose up to run a good top speed?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

112 would be overkill, but great in a heavy current. Weight on the nose is another story... The Sabre is quite weight critical. I've run mine for almost 10 years now, chased the rabbit, and have a pretty good idea of what will and won't work on the hull. The lithiums in back would be awesome for stern lift. All that extra weight on the nose may be tough to carry. I re-arranged the weight distribution in my rig years ago and picked up 5mph overnight just moving tackle. Anything you carry in front of the consoles will cost you speed and lift. This isn't a negative against the Sabre. I absolutely love my rig and shock people regularly with a 150 on the back. If you want to fully enjoy the handling, lift, and acceleration - weight isn't your friend.

Model Shipping Weight
    ULTREX WITH i-PILOT LINK

• Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 80 lb. 45" 77 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 80 lb. 52" 81 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 80 lb. 60" 83 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 112 lb. 45" 85 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 112 lb. 52" 89 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 112 lb. 60" 91 lb.

ULTREX WITH i-PILOT

• Ultrex with i-Pilot, 80 lb. 45" 77 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot, 80 lb. 52" 81 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot, 80 lb. 60" 83 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot, 112 lb. 45" 85 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot, 112 lb. 52" 89 lb.
    • Ultrex with i-Pilot, 112 lb. 60" 91 lb.

"Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

the above chart is from Minn Kotas website...looks like weight difference of TM itself is minimal (to my surprise). With the lightweight lithium batteries in back I would go for it! As someone who fished either rivers or windy, wide open glacial lakes...no such thing as overkill for trolling motor power. Especially with the Ultrex and using its anchor features in heavy current situations.

I would also check out the new Pantera Classic if downsizing...storage size is pretty similar but fishes much bigger.

Less than 10 pounds difference in the 45" which is what I would get. Interesting. If it wasn't for the lithium battery, I know the 80 would be more than enough for that sized boat.

I am considering the Classic too. I had a great PII and may just go that route. I have a year or so to determine what I want to do... I do know I am staying with BCB!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Less than 10 pounds difference in the 45" which is what I would get. Interesting. If it wasn't for the lithium battery, I know the 80 would be more than enough for that sized boat.

I am considering the Classic too. I had a great PII and may just go that route. I have a year or so to determine what I want to do... I do know I am staying with BCB!