Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks for all the input guys. I did some looking around and wound up getting some bags of GrandeBass Airtail Wiggler worms. They are 6.5 inches, but there's air in the tail that makes them float. I'll try them and see.

2. Member
    Been looking at these and just wondering if anybody has tried them, Hooker Z shakey head worm, supposed to float ?

I like the trick or finesse worms from Zoom. When they get chewed up on one end I switch to the other.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

4. Member
    Any straight worm will work but the past several years I have been using Zoom Swamp Crawlers.

Allen

5. Member
    Yamamoto cuttail worm in 5 in.. watermelon
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

ZOOM Finesse, Trick, Shakey Head or Swamp Crawlers are all good. I use a lot of Roboworms too.

While not a worm...One of my regular baits I use on a shakey head is a ZOOM Ultravibe Speed Craw.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    Netbait T-Mac, senko’s, paca craws, paca slims, zoom trick worms, you name it Ive probably put it on a shakey head. Dont be afraid to experiment. I thought the paca slims 3.5 was too small but wanted to try it anyway. Its become one of my favorite plastics on a shakeyhead.
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

8. Member
    my go to is the Zoom Trick Worm green pumpkin, when I go big, I use the Zoom Trick Magnum, with a Dirty Jig shaky head, 4/0, another brand I like that float strait up vertical is Xcite worm

9. Member
    my go to is the Zoom Trick Worm green pumpkin, when I go big, I use the Zoom Trick Magnum, with a Dirty Jig shaky head, 4/0, another brand I like that float strait up vertical is Xcite worm

10. Member
    Grande Bass airtail wiggler is the best!

11. Member
    If I'm not flipping a 1/2 oz jig into heavy cover, I'm throwing a 1/8 oz VMC Finesse rugby head with either a 4 inch Zoom finesse worm or a baby brush hog.
    Won many tournaments just with these two over the years.

12. Member
    Zoom trick worm.

13. Member
    The key as mentioned above is a floating worm. I think people have a tendency to over-work worms that sink or are neutrally buoyant.

Trick worms are inconsistent at best, T-Mac is a much better version. GrandeBass makes 2 great worms with floating tails - the Airtail Wiggler, or if you want a fatter profile - the Airtail Rattler.

14. Member
    Most of the worms listed above don’t float. For me it seems to work better with a floating worm. Sure I’ve caught fish on the bottom but it stands up with a floating one. Best for me is Strike King. Finesse made out of Elaztech. Can catch 30 fish on one worm before it wears out.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FryDog62 View Post
    The key as mentioned above is a floating worm. I think people have a tendency to over-work worms that sink or are neutrally buoyant.

Trick worms are inconsistent at best, T-Mac is a much better version. GrandeBass makes 2 great worms with floating tails - the Airtail Wiggler, or if you want a fatter profile - the Airtail Rattler.
    What do you find inconsistent about the Zoom trick worm? I have used trick worms for years and find them to be very consistent in quality and action.

Anything from Z-Man will float like a cork and last forever...they also make the Elaztech stuff for Strike King. Their "Floating Wormz" are a Trick Worm dead ringer with no salt at all so they float like crazy, and they've got lots of other options: 4" and 7" finesse worm (latter is same as Floating Wormz but has some salt so doesn't float quite as high), Long Shotz, SMH Wormz, etc. That last one is a bait designed by Brian Latimer specifically to be fished on a shaky head.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    What do you find inconsistent about the Zoom trick worm? I have used trick worms for years and find them to be very consistent in quality and action.
    The quality and action of Trick Worms is good, but some floated better than others... others just went flat. I switched to the T-Mac and they look almost identical and the action is the same. The difference is it floats... always. Not that it's Gospel, but if you look at the reviews on TW (at least before they changed there website format) there are a lot of people that have made the switch.

18. Member
    I'll have to give the T-Mac a try, thanks for the info.

19. Member
    Try a T-Mac and Airtail Wiggler and report back, always good to get input and compare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12