25 Tempest vs 25.5 Bravo XS

Hey guys rpm wise how many rpms will the 2 props be different? I can turn the bravo xs to 5800 and only get 67. I had a 25 fury that would turn same rpms and ran 71 consistently. How would the 25 tempest plus compare?
    Boat is 06 201 pro xl with 225 pro xs. I also have dual talons.
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

2. Member
    26 tempest would be close to the B1.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    26 tempest would be close to the B1.
    how many more rpms would the 25 turn over the 26? I know the 26 sucks box stock so would have to get one worked.

4. Member
    1" of pitch = 150-200 RPM's

5. Member
    The Bravos are even pitch props and making them odd pitch props makes them very efficient even pitch props. (Strait from Mark) The normal judgement from a tempest is pitch up 1 for Bravo and pitch down 1 for a Fury to match RPMs. However, as each prop will run differently there really is no answer.

6. Member
    So today I got to run the bravo all out with full tournament load. I hit 65.6 at 5800 rpms. Full tank of fuel 2 guys 300 pounds each. Boat is 201 pro xl 225 pro xs. PTP is 2.5”

my question would a 25 tempest plus be better suited for my rig over the bravo?

7. Member
    That Bravo will be better than a tempest everywhere except top speed. If you're worried about a few mph up top a tempest will be close to the fury on top end, and will carry a load better than the fury, but it will have the worst holeshot between the Bravo and fury.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    That Bravo will be better than a tempest everywhere except top speed. If you're worried about a few mph up top a tempest will be close to the fury on top end, and will carry a load better than the fury, but it will have the worst holeshot between the Bravo and fury.

I’m not arguing with you, just making a statement; but on my boat the temptest actually pulls harder out of the hole on my boat. Mine might be the oddball, but my champ prefers the temptest on everything (holeshot, speed, handling).

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I’m not arguing with you, just making a statement; but on my boat the temptest actually pulls harder out of the hole on my boat. Mine might be the oddball, but my champ prefers the temptest on everything (holeshot, speed, handling).
    Grout I have heard this as well on the stratos!

10. Member
    Any plugs and what size? Thanks

11. Member
    The +1.5" Bravos kill top speed. 1.5" is too much cupping. A 25" or 26" Bravo will run faster than a 25.5". (Avoid 25.5, 27.5, 29.5 etc. Bravos as they will lose several MPH)