201 stratos evolution set-up

So have been driving my evolution for about a year now. For the most part I love this boat. The only issue I'm having is while I'm approaching top and the boat gets really squirrelly in the ass end.

I have a 250 pro X's with a gen one torquemaster lu, 10" atlas jp 10' blades and a 52" ulrex up front.

I have tried running a 25 tempest really wasn't a bad prop I could have mark turn up to a 26+ I seem to run out of prop about 72 and the boat is a handful to drive at that speed.

With a 26 fury 4 the boat is extremely stable until I hit 67-9 mph then it's wants to slide around in the tail end as the speed picks up. I can counter for chine walking but this is feels way different. I have had friends follow me and can see how unstable the boat looks as I approach top end. I know this boat has plenty of speed left in it and is probably a set-up issue.

2. Member
    The way you are describing your experiences you need to find a prop with less stern lift. The fury 4 is made to be a stern lifting prop that's why your having trouble with driving it on top end.

3. Member
    Have you raised jackplate?

4. Member
    I can lift the jackplate fom 4" below pad to 1" above. I have tried all heights. From what I'm reading I think there's too much stern lift. Might give a fury 3 a try

5. Member
    You may need one of the newer Bravo XS props .They have some of the flare cut off so they dont have so much stern lift .
    Boat needs more bow lift . That's why the Stroker Boats guys did before Mercury came with the XS props .