St Francisville Louisiana/Natchez Mississippi area

Are there any good fishing areas (lakes etc) near this part of Louisiana or in the Natchez Mississippi area to fish. I am familiar with False River area but have never fished. Have heard of lakes in/around southern Mississippi (Natchez) area, but have no details. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Lake Concordia, Lake St. John, and then Lake Bruin with Bruin probably being the best of all three now.

Concordia: used to produce some big stringers but I think water quality is an issue now but I have done pretty well the 5-6 times i have fished it.

St. John: is beautiful. Looks like you catch a fish on every cast but I have never caught fish there I'm sure others have but I have taken a beating the 3-4 times I have fished it.

Bruin: I have never been but have a person I work with has a place there and fishes all the time. They catch the heck out of them. I am looking for an invite from him soon!

Old River: Never been but heard at certain times of the year can be really good as well.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

3. Member
    Natchez State Park has some hammers in it. You can rent a cabin on the water. The lake is small.

4. Member
    I’ve had good success at St. John the few times I have been. Caught solid 2 to 4 pound fish this time of year. Never fished any other lakes in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by BARRY J View Post
    Natchez State Park has some hammers in it. You can rent a cabin on the water. The lake is small.
    Mississippi state record was caught there !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

6. Member
    I appreciate your time and sharing with me. I am going to give Bruin a shot in a few weeks.

7. Member
    Thank you for sharing..

Larto Lake
    Saline Lake
    Turkey Creek Lake
    Lake Concordia
    Lake Saint John
    Okhissa Lake ( Mississippi)
    Lake Bruin
    Yucatan Lake

that's just off the top of my head ,, there are more around that area

9. Member
    Dome, Did you just relocate to St. Francisville?

10. Member
    caught 8 over 5 lbs in 3 days at Concordia this weekend. Check out lakeview lodge web page at pics of tournamanets and fish from latley