Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Thanks, I wasn't really worried about anyone hateing me.

Ive just come to expect problems when buying online no matter who it is. Customer service reps just want to get to the next caller. Everyone loves Tackle Warehouse. A few months ago,I ordered some stuff from them that I wanted for the weekend so I paid extra for 2 day shipping. It was Wednesday afternoon...I figured that it would arrive. Friday or Saturday at the latest. It didn't arrive Saturday...checked the website and it hadn't even gone out. Monday, I call TW. The guy on the phone was unapologetic and dryly explained; "the order was placed on Wednesday....it didn't get entered until Thursday....went to shipping on Friday...Saturday and Sunday don't count...so, it doesn't get shipped until Monday...you get it on Wednesday....that's 2 day shipping".
    That is what happens when you wait until the last minute to order that often. Eventually it bites you in the azz.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

2. Member
    BBG marine.
    My blog. If you like reading about fishing and hunting, there's something here for you:

http://southernoutdoorsman.blogspot.com

3. Member
    Please don't hate me...I've bought my last four or five units from Bass Pro plus numerous rods & reels. I buy everything, gas, groceries, restaurants, and tackle with my BPS MasterCard. I get reimbursed for my gas, about $300 or $400 a month so I rack up Rewards points pretty fast. I got about $600 off my Helix 10 SI and about $400 off the Helix 7 SI. It's free money, I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it.
    ^ same here , I bought a HDS 9 gen 3 today and had $ 150 in points and had 125$ in gift cards from christmas , and got a $200 gift card for free to use later , im not complaining , and it was on sale for 1499$ with total scan transducer included,
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Please don't hate me...I've bought my last four or five units from Bass Pro plus numerous rods & reels. I buy everything, gas, groceries, restaurants, and tackle with my BPS MasterCard. I get reimbursed for my gas, about $300 or $400 a month so I rack up Rewards points pretty fast. I got about $600 off my Helix 10 SI and about $400 off the Helix 7 SI. It's free money, I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it.
    If you are paying more money than you could have bought it other places, unless you shop around and figure up the difference, You could be losing money while thinking you are getting a free money. Yet you have to spend that free money at BPS.
    I don't now because I haven't compared that many items, but usually BPS is higher.

Kind of like paying for a set of batteries and thinking you got a free charger, verse shopping around and getting the batteries 500.00 cheaper and buying a charger for 300.00!!

Im not saying your not getting a great deal, Just saying stores offer deals like this to keep you loyal to there brand!!

Car dealers give you free oil changes for like, That way your there all the time and they can hit you up for wipers, tires, belts, maintenance etc.

Just need to be a wise shopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtlvr View Post
    Let me start by saying I own a Nitro boat and shop at Bass Pro fairly often. I just purchased another rod, reel, and a bunch of tackle online Jan 29th from BPS. The order was over $400.

This past Monday I placed an order for a Humminbird Helix 7 SI and a RAM mount and chose the 2 day shipping option so it would be here today as I'm going fishing this weekend. I received an order number and confirmation via email the same day I placed the order. This afternoon UPS came and went at my office so I logged on to my Bass Pro account. My order from Monday was nowhere to be found. I could see my order from Jan 29th though. So I started an online chat with their customer service asking about my order. I provided the order number and confirmation number. The person told me my "contact information could not be verified and they voided the order". I received no email from them, no phone call, nothing! When I stated this the lady said I'm sorry. Really?! F-you! You have all my contact info and it's all correct. I've spent over $40K with you in the last 5 years if you include my boat. I'm so frustrated. That was the most lame apology and they offered up nothing, not even to place the order again for me.

Where do you guys buy your electronics? I'm sure somebody out there will take my money and provide decent customer service in the process.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

bought all mine used right here from BBC brothers and never an issue , but excercise caution anyway lol

board sponsors....

honestly, I don't know how you guys buy from brick and mortar (bass pro). Here in olathe...the tax is 9.48. A 9" carbon would sell for $2300. Minus the rebate $1900 plus tax there is another $200. Looking at $2100.

purchased one here on the board and have it registered for 2 years...brand new. Paid SIGNIFICANTLY less.

Don't buy any electronics or trolling motors at brick and motor.
    Last edited by drifter106; 02-25-2018 at 07:36 AM.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob o View Post
    for cheap when my friends upgrade
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

8. Member
    was a deal at $1499 then at the BPS and tax was
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    board sponsors....

honestly, I don't know how you guys buy from brick and mortar (bass pro). Here in olathe...the tax is 9.48. A 9" carbon would sell for $2300. Minus the rebate $1900 plus tax there is another $200. Looking at $2100.

purchased one here on the board and have it registered for 2 years...brand new. Paid SIGNIFICANTLY less.

Looks like my HDS 9 for $1499 was a deal, plus I got the $200 gift card to use later, at the BPS
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    Another vote for BBG!
    Amen. Great people to deal with.

A big thank you to Justin Russell @ Russell Marine Products! He reached out to me when he read this post. He helped me with a few questions I had and I placed my order with him.

BBG Marine and Cabelas bargain bin in the past. I will also add Russell Marine to the list in the future. My latest purchase was a Lowrance HDS 12 gen3 for $1800 in store special closeout at Bass Pro.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

someplace i wont have to pay taxes on them, box store would be the last place id buy, unless for whatever reason it was insanely cheap.
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    board sponsors....

Exactly! The savings from buying at out of state businesses will amount to HUNDREDS of dollars savings in sales taxes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234