Is Charcoal carpet grey?

I’m ordering carpet tonight. Syntec Platinum II 24 oz.

i can’t find a description for Charcoal versus Ash?

Id hate to order charcoal and have it show up ANYTHING other than GREY..

anyone have ave experience with these general colors? I think ASH looks very black and would be hot?

any advise, as usual, is REALLY appreciated!

Regards,
    Karl

2. Member
    Ash is darker than charcoal, and yes, it will be somewhat hotter. Sent you a PM.

Syntec is doing a color change. I don't know what the deal is but Ranger is already taking on the new color and have no rolls left of ash. Ask for a sample. The ash is dark, but mellows out nice after a year and not as dark as you'd think.

I ordered “storm”. I was assured that it is grey. I had read on here that it has specks of blue in it but the sales guy assured me that it is absolutly grey and grey only. I’ll update.

5. Member
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

I looked on a few different computer screens and can’t tell at all from my phone so- I’ll be satisfied with the 24oz grey Syntec. They had to fold it to ship it otherwise it was $180 in shipping alone.

Thanks

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzaker View Post
    I looked on a few different computer screens and can’t tell at all from my phone so- I’ll be satisfied with the 24oz grey Syntec. They had to fold it to ship it otherwise it was $180 in shipping alone.

Thanks
    Where did you order from?

Aurora Canvas out of MO. Was recommended by a member and it was the cheapest I could find for Syntec.

9. Member
    I considered that color at one point, it should be fine. I ordered a pair of scissors to do the cuts, much better than a carpet knife. Glued my first piece of carpet on the boat today, and I have a lot to go.