2002 225 VMax any issues?

Looking at a Ranger boat with a 225 V-Max on it, suppose to have 231 hours on motor. I have never owned a Yamaha so I'm not familiar with these, always had Mercurys. Any issues with these motor or known problems with these? Thanks

2. Member
    Best motor Yamaha ever built. I would still have it checked out by a mechanic before purchase. I have a 2003 with almost 1000 hours on it. It is ready for a rebuild.

3. Member
    +1 on best motor. Vmax dies not have computer for hours. If they have an hour gauge that will help. Very easy to do maintenance and cheaper parts of your mechanically inclined. Check usual compression, lower unit oil,

4. Member
    So a 2002 V-Max does not have a computer where it can be scanned to check the hours? These motors are fuel injected right?

Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    +1 on best motor. Vmax dies not have computer for hours. If they have an hour gauge that will help. Very easy to do maintenance and cheaper parts of your mechanically inclined. Check usual compression, lower unit oil,

5. Member
    It is fuel injected.
    The injectors are in the intake as mix air and fuel prior to the cylinder. They are not a direct injection system.