Banned

Thumbs Up Is stereo wire OK for TM install? other local sources?

the only place I could think of to get wiring locally is a stereo install shop. They have all sizes of wire...but before I go get some, Im wondering if stereo wire can or should be used to connect my TM to the batteries?

I live in El Paso, and the closest lake is 2+ hours away....so boat shops or stores really arent an option. The local cabelas and academy didnt have anything I could use. Any other ideas on where to source locally? If not...where should I look online? A friend of mine recommended a truck shop that sells 6 and 8 guage wire....im gonna stop in there and see what they have. But again....Im wondering if itll be good for me to use. I know the wire is not tinned, because I asked that.

When I rewired my old Tracker I bought 6 gauge battery cable from a NAPA store off the interstate that specializes in big rig parts. I wouldn't think that speaker wire would handle that kind of current.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    When I rewired my old Tracker I bought 6 gauge battery cable from a NAPA store off the interstate that specializes in big rig parts. I wouldn't think that speaker wire would handle that kind of current.
    good looking out! just called the NAPA and they have some! Thanks!!

Some hardware stores will carry as well as auto parts stores - gebos --tractor supply

5. Member
    Yes it will work but it will not hold up in the humidity as well. I would get the proper tinned wire.

6. Member
    If you measure and describe the terminal requirements many shops including Jones Trolling Motor can make any cable you desire.