Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EZ-Loader Trailer Help!

hey guys! i have a 2000 skeeter zx202C, and like the dummy i am, i blew a bearing in the right rear wheel on the trailer, bought a new hub, went to put it on, bad axle, bought a new axle and i realized that my brake line was completely screwed up, so if anybody could help with any information on what parts to get (redoing the entire braking system) and how to do it, i would MUCH appreciate it

2. Member
    I`ll be honest here as a professional backyard mechanic, visit you tube. as crappy as it sounds i have learned a lot and am sorta addicted to how to videos.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgrandy View Post
    I`ll be honest here as a professional backyard mechanic, visit you tube. as crappy as it sounds i have learned a lot and am sorta addicted to how to videos.
    ill look and let you know if i find anything

4. Member
    Check out Eastern Marine (trailer superstore) They carry all kinds of OEM trailer parts. They are located in Delaware but ship all over.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnkamp View Post
    Check out Eastern Marine (trailer superstore) They carry all kinds of OEM trailer parts. They are located in Delaware but ship all over.
    Thank you, I really just need to know exactly what parts I would need first

6. Member
    Hey guys my YouTube search hasn’t yeilded any results! If anybody could help me that would be awesome, I just need to know the parts I’d need, guy at ez loader told me to measure so I’m going to measure out my brake lines, but as far as all the other parts I’m blank, thanks in advance guys

7. Member
    The trailer is a tandem axle trailer but only the rear axle has brakes, so I think I would just need a single axle brake kit? If anybody has any brake kit recommendations that would be greatly appreciated

Disk or drum?
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

9. Member
    Disc

10. Member
    If I remember correctly they’re 3700 lb axles

I am just a beginner but I am currently redoing the entire brake system on my EZ Loader tandem. I think your setup should be the same but you should check with someone that knows for sure. Maybe call Rex Rae at EZ Loader Customs.

UFP DB-35 zink plated Calipers 41050
    UFP zink plated 10” rotors 5 on 4.5 lug 41019
    Inner bearing L68149
    Outer bearing L44649
    Seal 2.56 OD x 1.68 ID

If you are going to replace the actuator inner member I would suggest you use the one for tandem axles in case you decide to put brakes on all four. UFP A60 34044

Shadow Trailer had the best deals that I could find and they ship fast.
    They are trailerandtruckparts.com

If you are replacing the brakes lines with steel, you can order them from the EZLoader custom website store.

If you are going thermoplastic, Shadow has some good deals.

For brake lines, I pulled all of mine off to get a list of everything I needed to replace them.

13. Member
    Was there part numbers on the lines themselves?, I got all the parts for the caliper’s and And such just need the brake lines, would you recommend the metal ones?

14. Member
    I’ve seen a few brake line kits, which would be preferred so I know I’m not missing anything, I just am not sure which kit is the right one

Well I don’t have enough experience to recommend either but I chose to use metal going down the side of the frame because my trailer has holes burned in the cross members for the lines to go through and I figured it would wear less than the thermoplastic. I am using thermoplastic to go across the axles to the opposite side and I’m using thermoplastic to the calipers to allow for movement.

No part numbers for the lines.

I did find this

http://cartowdolly.com/wp-content/up...-Procedure.pdf

And this

http://cartowdolly.com/wp-content/up...B35-Manual.pdf

16. Member
    Mine goes down the side of the trailer as well, http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/...l#.Wphep2JOmEc
    I was thinking this might work, again not positive on the length, which I will measure later on, but does that kit have everything you are using?

I did mine for brakes on both axles so that kit wouldn’t work.

I decided not to use a kit. Instead, I started at the tongue and worked my way back removing and measuring each section of tubing and noting each piece of hardware. I took pics with my phone to record each part of the system. Then I made a list of all the parts I needed. My trailer has a removable tongue so I had to find the right quick disconnect and adapters. And because I was replacing a drum system with disk, I had to figure out and order the parts I needed for the reverse lock out solenoid wiring. (The removable tongue made that a little more complicated.

18. Member
    When all the snow clears up I’ll take a look, thanks for the help! If anybody else has anymore input I’d appreciate it!

19. Member
    I had same problems with my trailer, brake pads shot, brake line broke coming across the rear axle so basically had no brakes. I bought a whole new kit from etrailer.com (link below) came with new rotor/hub calipers and pads. Then went to fleet farm and bought a new brake line (metal) to go from the rubber hose t-block to both axles. Think one was a 15" line and the other was a 72" to another 15" line.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Bra...HRCM10DAC.html
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

20. Member
    Thank you! Can you explain the 72” to 15” please?god I feel stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast