Thread: Xi5 transducer

Xi5 transducer

I have a motorguide xi5 tm with built in transducer, on a new to me boat. The front graph is a lowrance elite 5x chirp. I have a hard time seeing the screen and it seems to lock up often.

I have questions on the built in transducer on the XI5. What are its capabilities and what graphs/brands is it compatible with? I am looking to upgrade the front graph and am wondering what other brands would be compatible with that transducer, or are the built in transducers limited, and would I be better off going with an new transducer up front?

Thanks for any suggestions
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

2. Member
    It should work on all mid to high end Lowrance units. Hook, HDS, Elite. Just have to have the adapter cable.

I get great sonar shots with my hds gen 1 and gen 3.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    I also have had no issues with the transducer in the Xi5 with an HDS gen 2. Since it is a new to you boat perhaps it is an electrical issue? That was my situation when I bought my boat. The previous owner was not an "electrical engineer" let me put it that way. Things tapped and spliced all funky. I had to undo/redo so many things to get the electronics working properly. I hope it is a quick fix for you. One other thing did you set up your graph for use with a generic 83/200 transducer signal? That is where I would focus first, transducer setup and consistent power.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinDad View Post
    I also have had no issues with the transducer in the Xi5 with an HDS gen 2. Since it is a new to you boat perhaps it is an electrical issue? That was my situation when I bought my boat. The previous owner was not an "electrical engineer" let me put it that way. Things tapped and spliced all funky. I had to undo/redo so many things to get the electronics working properly. I hope it is a quick fix for you. One other thing did you set up your graph for use with a generic 83/200 transducer signal? That is where I would focus first, transducer setup and consistent power.
    Thank you for that advice. Just to be clear...what transducer setting should it be set to?

Generic

Thank you guys.

I will try that.