LOOKING TO TRY GARMIN

I currently have an XI5 motorguide tm with built in transducer and am looking to upgrade my front graph (lowrance chrip X5). Mainly fishing 8-30 ft depth in open water with the need for waypoints and also fish 2-15 ft water in fast water river current. What Garmin prooduct would you suggest for these applications? Also, what garmin units would be compatible with my built in transducer or would i be better off installing a new transducer if going with a garmin product? I believe the motorguide had a partnership with lowrance. I called motorquide and asked them which graph would work and was given the message that "any of them should work".

Also looking to replace the Lowrance Elite 7 HDI at the helm. I need a bigger screen that updates gps tracking faster. I would spend the money for 9" screen but nothing bigger than that.

Thank you for any suggestions
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

2. Member
    Can't help with compatibility, if Todd Driscoll doesn't reply, pm him. Fishincoullion and lwinchester are quite knowledgeable also. Or call Garmin, their customer support is A+! After a couple of prompts, you get a human, that you can understand.
    The deepest I fish is 50'. Typically 6-20'. I have a 73 sv plus with CV 52 transducer. Great pictures, and I haven't even really tweaked it yet.
    The built in GPS is very responsive, even when using the trolling motor (slow speeds).

Quote Originally Posted by sodaksker View Post
    I currently have an XI5 motorguide tm with built in transducer and am looking to upgrade my front graph (lowrance chrip X5). Mainly fishing 8-30 ft depth in open water with the need for waypoints and also fish 2-15 ft water in fast water river current. What Garmin prooduct would you suggest for these applications? Also, what garmin units would be compatible with my built in transducer or would i be better off installing a new transducer if going with a garmin product? I believe the motorguide had a partnership with lowrance. I called motorquide and asked them which graph would work and was given the message that "any of them should work".

Also looking to replace the Lowrance Elite 7 HDI at the helm. I need a bigger screen that updates gps tracking faster. I would spend the money for 9" screen but nothing bigger than that.

Thank you for any suggestions
    Although Garmin units are compatible with your built-in MG xducer, I highly recommend running a Garmin xducer to get the maximum performance out of the unit.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Compatible Lowrance units and MotorGuide Xi5 can be networked via Gateway Kit, probably that‘s what you have heared of: http://www.motorguide.com/pinpoint-lowrance-gateway

Gentlemen

thank you for your feedback. Skunked again, are you running that 73SV up front or at the helm?
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

6. Member
    Both spots. I bought extra bases and power cords also. I can use both units at both spots. I did this in anticipation of the upcoming update, where the units will share sonar and waypoint immediately.

7. Member
    IMG_20180212_161746640-1000x1000.jpg
    IMG_20180212_161621129-1000x1000.jpg

Here is what I've done.
    If you want better pics, pm me, have to downsize them for this site.

8. Banned
    Looking good. What kind of mat do you have on the floor.? Does it want to blow out. A link would be much appreciated. Thanks.

9. Member
    Direct Home Anti-Fatigue Mat 3' x 3' at Menards https://www.menards.com/main/p-1518420596395.htm
    Its two sections, cut to fit. I screwed it down, SS screws and fender washers, mending braces at the two seams(in the middle). It does have some weight to it. They're very comfortable, and do not absorb water.

10. Banned
    Thank you much appreciated.

11. Member
    Your very welcome