Seaguar red label and...

Line strength to diameter rating. I want to start throwing spinnerbaits on fluorocarbon this season instead of the braid I normally use. I figured 15# test would be plenty for throwing around the usual stuff nothing too crazy where I fish. Anyway, I noticed that on the package it states it is 15# with the same diameter as 12# mono. Will I be ok using this line for spinnerbaits or should I beef up my # test and find a different use for it? As always thanks guys.
    LET'S GO BLUES!!! WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024?

2. Member
    I would go with seaguar invinzx. The red label isn't as good. Invinzx cast very nice and smooth. Pm me I will tell you where to get it at a very good price.

3. Member
    I have been using strictly red label for 3 or 4 years now and haven’t had an issue. Usually use 12lb for Jerkbait sand cranks, 15lb for Moving baits and lighter flipping, and 20lb for heavy flipping. Also use 8lb for leader for spinning gear. No issues, great line for a great price IMO. InvizX is for sure smoother, but red label is no slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbilt28 View Post
    I would go with seaguar invinzx. The red label isn't as good. Invinzx cast very nice and smooth. Pm me I will tell you where to get it at a very good price.

Thanks I appreciate the offer. I have been using the red label for mostly moving baits and I feel for the application red label is fine as far as casting and handling go. My main concern is with it having that thinner diameter, although it's rated 15#, will it hold up to fishing around laydowns rocks etc. I'm not fishing super heavy cover but for years I've used 50# power pro for my spinnerbaits so there was no fear of breaking off on anything.

5. Member
    15# red label is what I use for spinnerbaits the majority of the time, the thinner diameter is helpful. Keeps the bait a little lower in the water column.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    15# test fluorocarbon or regular nylon mono will be fine for spinnerbaits. Even if you're throwing around and into some pretty heavy cover, you'll be good.

I generally like to keep spinnerbaits up in the water column, so I use 15# Big Game (regular mono) for spinnerbaits. If I want to get them deeper than 6', I'll throw them on fluorocarbon. I use Tatsu, but from what I've read on this site, Red Label seems to be good line.

This is just my personal feelings, but I wouldn't use InvizX unless you're using it for its smaller diameter to help keep your baits down in the water column. Other than for that reason, you might as well save yourself some money and throw them on Big Game or some other quality co poly.

7. Member
    I use 15lbs Red Label for spinnerbaits. No issues. Tried several and this was the best I found price/quality. I land a lot more fish when I changed over from mono.

Thanks everyone for your insight and recommendations! I'm going to go ahead and spool the 15# Red label and have at it. With the weather we are having here in the St. Louis area I might get to toss a spinnerbait sooner than later. Tight lines to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Dude 365 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your insight and recommendations! I'm going to go ahead and spool the 15# Red label and have at it. With the weather we are having here in the St. Louis area I might get to toss a spinnerbait sooner than later. Tight lines to all!
    For the purpose you describe... I will use 20 on some lakes depending on the cover. West Texas has some knurly brush and hard wood in places.

10. Member
    You can get a 15lb 1000 yd spool of Invizx from Walmart online sales for $73.

11. Banned
    Why even bother with fluoro? Seaguar Senshi is a mono, and performs better than fluoro IMO. 20# line is the diameter of 12#, and believe me when I say it's got less stretch and very strong. I fish with it in the grass down here in FL without any problems.