Biggest difference in Blades vs Sportsman 2?

is the biggest difference just the way they look? I see the sportsman 2 the pole is more exposed than the Blades.
    thinking of adding a pair to my old boat but was more bang for my buck so not sure what the difference is.

From what I understand, it is the exposed spike on the sportsman and the blades are thinner. I don’t see a difference in function or mounts on 8 footers. Blades are available in 10’ models with different mounts. Not sure on the sportsman.

Call Rich at Hydrilla gear and he will answer all your questions AND get you the best price.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Actually we can answer, there is alot more then just the soft close feature on the blade that makes it different from the Sportsman II, I would be happy to go over the differences in the models and also provide syou with the lowest pricing available. Feel free to text, call or Pm me.

4. Member
    When I was looking for poles I had the same question as you. I called the big 3 dealers here on the board , one never answered there phone w repeated atempts, the other was somewhat helpful and had good pricing. I wound up going w K and K as he really went above and beyond to explain the different models he also offered me the best price it wasnt much, but his customer service is what did it for me . Give Kevin a call , and look at K and K reputation on the board think you will find they will be more then happy to help you like they did with me. Btw I went w blades and glad I did. Love them..

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Feel free to call Luke. My personal cell is 954-304-0206

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    is the biggest difference just the way they look? I see the sportsman 2 the pole is more exposed than the Blades.
    thinking of adding a pair to my old boat but was more bang for my buck so not sure what the difference is.
    enjoyed speaking with you last night Luke, when you decide what you would like to do I would be happy to help you