Portage Lakes Open Water

Did a drive through the Portage Lakes yesterday looking for open water. Long Lake and North Res are completely open. East Res., Miller and Cottage Grove are mostly open except the area that connects them all by the South Main St bridge. The Old Park Ramps are still ice but looking pretty thin. Did not make it to Turkeyfoot Lake or the New State Park ramps.

I think there will be some fishing to be had at most of the lakes this weekend.
    Ohio Bass Fishing with Edgar VanHoose
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/EdgarVanHoose

Went by New State Park ramp this afternoon - ramp is open and so is Latham Bay. Entrance out to main lake was still iced in...

East Harbor is open as is Huron - supposed to be 55 next Wednesday. If it is.... I'm going to Erie!!!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

Good to know. Thanks for the info Edgar!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Hmmm....might have to break in the new boat this weekend.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smp005 View Post
    Went by New State Park ramp this afternoon - ramp is open and so is Latham Bay. Entrance out to main lake was still iced in...

East Harbor is open as is Huron - supposed to be 55 next Wednesday. If it is.... I'm going to Erie!!!
    See you there.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    I am still trolling motor less. Hoping to get it back from service by this coming weekend.
    Ohio Bass Fishing with Edgar VanHoose
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/EdgarVanHoose

Last Saturday a friend drove over the main street bridge on East Reservoir and showed me a pic he took of two bass boats fishing.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Last Saturday a friend drove over the main street bridge on East Reservoir and showed me a pic he took of two bass boats fishing.
    I had a buddy up there Saturday and caught 20 or so. I went Sunday for a few hours...more to get the boat wet and play with the electronics more than anything. We did wet a line for a bit....no luck.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Hmmm....might have to break in the new boat this weekend.
    mee too!

10. Member
    Get in practice guys, open event there on 4/7. 85.00 entry, 1500.00 for 1st. new state park ramp.

11. Member
    We were out there yesterday for a few hours in the morning....my son has baseball in the afternoon...so my window to fish was small. We didn't run into any hungry fish.....my buddy did a little later in the day when the water warmed up to 44 degrees.

We did however pull a few young people out of the water after they rolled their canoe....not a good day for canoeing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    We were out there yesterday for a few hours in the morning....my son has baseball in the afternoon...so my window to fish was small. We didn't run into any hungry fish.....my buddy did a little later in the day when the water warmed up to 44 degrees.

We did however pull a few young people out of the water after they rolled their canoe....not a good day for canoeing!!!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Yeah my thoughts exactly.....they have the trailer at the new state park ramp.....so it was one of the college teams prepping for an "event" coming up within the next month.

14. Member
    When I was out there a couple weeks back - there was some idiot in the speed zone doing laps - ON A JET SKI. Plus the fact you're not allowed to speed until they put up the sign boards.......heard that straight from the Rangers mouth last year when I got checked.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT