Livewell auto pump not working

Manual is fine.
    Any ideas?
    What kind of auto system does Stroker use. It looks like the pot at the top of the switch board goes to somewhere in this circuitry.
    I need to get this fixed before my next tourney in 2 weeks.

2. Member
    Do you know if the timer is working correctly? Have you tested the switch to make sure the auto side of the switch hasn’t failed while the manual side still works properly? I’ve never had much luck with timers in my boats. I’m currently reworking all of the electrical in my boat due to my timer not working at all and a couple of the switches have begun to fail.

3. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    The only way I know is with a test light.....

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

4. Member
    Switch is good. I checked with a VOM meter, then pulled it and checked continuity, even disassembled and cleaned. I jumpered across the wires and pump works direct but not through the timer system. I've even changed all the fuses. I suspect the timer system has gone out, and I can't even find it.

5. Member
    Start pulling the great big rats nest of wires out through the switch panel hole. Mine was a little blue cube with 4 or 5 wires on it. If you follow the yellow wire from the rheostat it should go straight to the timer.

6. Member
    Any recommendations for a new timer system?

7. Member
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

8. Member
    I know this won’t help you right now but I’m simplifying my electrical on my boat while I’m fixing all the issues it has. I’m going with 2 Leisure Lectronics timers that will be mounted in easy to access locations so that if a system has an issue it will be easy to trouble shoot. I’m doing away with all but one of the double throw switches and that one switch will be the nav/anchor lights. The recirculate pump will be a timer only system, on 30 seconds off 3 minutes. If the timer plays out I will be able to unplug the 12v + wire from the timer and plug it into the pump and run the pump as a manual system until I get a new timer. The livewell fill pump switch will be manual only at the console and at the bow I’ll have a switch that runs the timer for the fill pump. All of this seems complicated in writing but it will make for a very simple and effective system in practice.