Onix update to repair 83 hertz and fish id

Has anyone heard if or when humminbird is going to fix the fish I'd on the onix, mine is unusable anymore, worked great before the update, my screen in all the hertz including chirp stops and starts like it is skipping, fish id in 200 and chirp the depth numbers are backwards, it shows a steady row of fish like 30 or forty overlapping following each other, 83 hertz and chirp does not show any fish ID anymore, no blue fish at all, it was working great before, now having hard time using 2D at all

Humminbird is aware of it. "When" is never announced, typically multiple fixes are included in software updates.

Both the ONIX and SOLIX have that issue.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    10-4 thanks Wayne, just wanted to know if anyone has heard any dates

4. Member
    I have the same exact issue on my Onix 10. I emailed Humminbird customer service and received the following reply from Tangie Denson:

Thank you for contacting Humminbird Customer Service.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we recommend that you restore factory defaults on the unit also if you are using a network connection please remove it first, if this does not fix your issue please call customer service at 1-800-633-1468.

I just finished doing as she said and will test it tomorrow on the lake to see if it made any difference.

5. Member
    If it's doing the same as mine I can already tell you it does not work, I tried it several times on two different trips and it was the same problems before the restore settings

6. Member
    Hey if you would please post your results cause I am going to the lake Saturday, thanks

7. Member
    Well, restoring the factory defaults got rid of the endless parade of fish at 2' but did not change the problem with the numbers being reversed on the fish depths. I called Humminbird and was advised that they are aware of the issue and it would be addressed in the next software update. They could not provide any time frame for that however. So there you have it ...