US2 cable adapter

Just ordered my ultrex and am trying to figure out if the one cable is all I need to be able to link the ultrex to my helix 10. I also ordered the link version so what all is needed to make the link work as well? I’m new to this stuff so I apologize if this has been beat to death.

2. Member
    There are two different connections. One is for the US2 and other is Ethernet. If referring to Ethernet, then only need the Ethernet Adapter cable AS EC QDE which connects between the Ultrex Ethernet cable (provided) and your Helix. If you have two Helix units, then would need the Ethernet Switch and additional cables. If connecting the US2, will need MKR-US2-8 adapter which attaches to the Helix transducer input. The US2 will not provide imaging...only DualBeam 83/200khz.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Thank you for your help. My next question is What all is required to have the ability to use the link function so that it’ll follow the contour lines and what not.

4. Member
    Follow the Contour is initiated from the Humminbird unit. You can only use that feature when using a LakeMaster map card or Autochart. To use the link with a Humminbird unit requires the Ethernet connection as mentioned above.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

5. Member
    I appreciate your help. I got it figured out now after re reading your initial response. Got it all installed today and hoping it works as well as it’s supposed to

6. Member
    Enjoy that setup.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818