200 175 efi 0t153183 plastic gear (do they need replaced as a maint item)

hello,on my 2000- 175efi runs great no problems,does the plastic gear in the motor for the oil injection need replaced as a maint item,mine is 17 years old i don't know if its ever been changed or are they a metal gear,just trying to keep up on things that might go bad thanks

2. Member
    I’m not 100% but to change the gear you have to remove the power head, not easy or cheap (if you pay someone else).
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    buster my sister has 1986 175 oil injected with original pastic gear on crank keep it cool and serviced last long time
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Banned
    My 98 had no issues the maintenance issue that is over looked on EFI motors is cleaning/calibration of the fuel injectors. Remember if it leans out the fuel at all it is also not oiling correctly. Personally I will have mine worked over every year from now on.

5. Member
    thanks guys i think it will be fine to leave it alone and keep the maint up,i always use a fuel cleaner in it,the injectors was cleaned and tested about 3 years ago by (bucco) spelling????) injector place thanks again guys,it only get maybe 50-60 hours a year on it