Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    They cant keep drugs off the streets, They can't keep drugs out of Elementary Schools, They can't even keep drugs out of Federal Prison, but you want me to disarm myself and trust you can keep guns out of the hands of criminals? I don't think so.
    Drug abuse and gun crime are separate but intertwined. Let's stick to guns for now.

We have criminals too up here and yes we have shootings associated with them, but the US has by far the highest murder rate using guns.

All I'm saying is that maybe less guns would mean less harm from them?

I'm sure no one wants to eliminate them completely - I don't either. Friends of mine who hunt enjoy it a lot, and I would never want to take an enjoyable hobby away from anyone. I do think that more limitations on AR style weapons that can be easily modified into either an auto or bump stock type weapon might be something to look at.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by duff73 View Post
    Drug abuse and gun crime are separate but intertwined. Let's stick to guns for now.

We have criminals too up here and yes we have shootings associated with them, but the US has by far the highest murder rate using guns.

I'm sure no one wants to eliminate them completely - I don't either. Friends of mine who hunt enjoy it a lot, and I would never want to take an enjoyable hobby away from anyone. I do think that more limitations on AR style weapons that can be easily modified into either an auto or bump stock type weapon might be something to look at.
    How many mass shootings have we had with a bump stock?
    Do you think if we limit ARs they'll be less shootings?
    Did you know 95% of all shootings are with a handgun?
    Americans are just a different breed. Take whatever you like a way and Americans will still kill. Blame it on big pharma, parents, or whatever. Facts are we are more violent.

3. Member
    All the bad things that are happening in the schools, have started since dodgeball was banned. Kids just don't have an outlet for their aggression anymore, it builds up.

guns don’t make people criminals so less guns but you will still have the criminals so you really didn’t accomplish anything. They will just move to the next weapon of choice.
    Last edited by juice780; 02-22-2018 at 11:43 AM.

5. Member

The two are very much intertwined and gun control will cause an increase in drug activity and drug crime. Drugs being smuggled in now don't need guns smuggled in with them, however ban guns and the need becomes apparent. Without the guns gangs and dealers will have trouble enforcing their territories, so every shipment of drugs will contain guns and ammunition. The money associated with illegal drugs is huge and those associated with the industry will do whatever it takes to sustain it. In the end you will end up with drug dealers controlling areas of the country as they do now in large cities.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    ^^^Boy that is Tin-foil conspiracy at it's finest right there! at OKI
    I had two former colleagues who spent many years in military intelligence. they both always said the same thing about conspiracies. A successful conspiracy requires two conditions (1) competence to carry out the conspiracy and (2) silence on the parts of all conspirators. Either or both conditions have rarely ever been met in history.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    One thing that comes to my mind is that us middle class push our kids to finish school. Even when they are troubled. In the past it was more common to have kids drop out and get out of that environment when it wasn't working out for them. Probably is still pretty common in the slums but it's pretty rare to have a drop out in middle class (around here anyways). Also I think that it was way more common to send a kid off to a mental institute or a boarding school or even military school when they were troubled than it is today. Today it seems like we're more likely to cater to kids rather than deal with their problems head on. We'd rather ignore their problems and try to make them comfortable so we don't have to deal with the issues.
    Like the old saying goes, "The World needs ditch diggers as well!" So if you can't cut it in school there is always something out in the real world for you to do.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    How many mass shootings have we had with a bump stock?
    Do you think if we limit ARs they'll be less shootings?
    Did you know 95% of all shootings are with a handgun?
    Americans are just a different breed. Take whatever you like a way and Americans will still kill. Blame it on big pharma, parents, or whatever. Facts are we are more violent.
    Agreed. Handguns do cause more deaths than the others combined for sure. I have no answers, just offering some opinion from my vantage point up north. I didn't want to say more violent and maybe that's true. I just look at the news and facts down there and wonder why is all, and I have no other ideas than the ones I have already articulated.

9. idbefishing
    Perhaps, school shootings will decrease dramatically when all gun owners lock their guns up and not allowed access to family members especially their young kids.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Perhaps, school shootings will decrease dramatically when all gun owners lock their guns up and not allowed access to family members especially their young kids.
    Huh? These "kids" are passing background checks. Yes there was Sandy hook but whats others were there? The shootings in LA schools ect are stolen guns.

Todays kids aren't much different than yester years kids. They feel entitled now. Like the world owes them something. They are disrespected at school and see how other kids have taken revenge and they feel like that's the only option. Guns are much more a part of our society now a days then they were years ago.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    All the bad things that are happening in the schools, have started since dodgeball was banned. Kids just don't have an outlet for their aggression anymore, it builds up.
    No kidding! I went home with a bright red mark on my face and humbled many times.

13. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Huh? These "kids" are passing background checks. Yes there was Sandy hook but whats others were there? The shootings in LA schools ect are stolen guns.
    double huh? they do background checks on kids?

14. Member
    Ive been listening to an afternoon radio talk show and he has come up with some very intersting facts about these shootings and that since 1975 when they passed a law that people couldnt be locked up in mental hospitals against there will, the shootings have sky rocket in that 43 years compared to the before 43 years. Most of these shootings have one thing in common a mental disorder and this should be looked into further.These people are out there everywere and theres been signs with all of them,if our goverment would loosen some of our handcuffs to be able to monitor trouble people closely this would be reduced. Just like the Florida shooting the sins was there,one of the main ones was with the teachers they knew he was unstable then the polise they went to his house 37 times in 7 years thats pretty good sign this kids needs help or needs to be on some sorta watch list.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    double huh? they do background checks on kids?
    Guess it depends on what media outlet is reporting. Notice how I said "kids"?

16. Banned
    Everyone can tell that I am huge gun supporter and no one can change my mind. Laws prohibiting guns will only hurt honest people but the criminals will continue to be able to get one. The only thing that is keeping the Good Old USA from turning back into the wild west right now is the majority of the population has a gun at home and it keeps the thugs from coming to your house and kicking your front door down while you are eating supper with your kids and taking everything you got. I wish it is wasn't but that is the truth.

As for the AR style guns need to be limited. I would much rather face someone trying to kill me in a hallway with a AR shooting solid bullets as someone with a 12ga shotgun shooting OO buck shot. So really what the difference?

There are thousands of people killed every year by drunk drivers but we don't take away the car! Each vehicle could have a breathalyzer in it to fix that problem but they don't.

The problem is people are not held accountable for their actions. We sugar coat everything in this country because we are afraid to offend someone. We let people vote that don't even have an ID but they can elect our officials. If we went to any other country in the world and acted the way we do here we would end up in jail or dead but here we are to afraid we have violated someone's rights and turn a blind eye. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if I offended someone.(see I just did it here).

17. Member
    outside perspective. And sry to the OP - IF you take an nra view to this. What does "hardening schools" look like? Is a single 9mm 10+1 semi CCW in the hands of a "guard" enough to match an high capacity long gun with (or without) a bumpstock? The guard with a 9mm is just another casualty and a nonfactor for a suicidal combatant.

Funny, they just asked the same in today's WH briefing.

18. Banned
    "The problem is people are not held accountable for their actions. We sugar coat everything in this country because we are afraid to offend someone. We let people vote that don't even have an ID but they can elect our officials. If we went to any other country in the world and acted the way we do here we would end up in jail or dead but here we are to afraid we have violated someone's rights and turn a blind eye. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if I offended someone.(see I just did it here)."

Yep...well said!

19. huskyjerk
    Quote Originally Posted by MattClapp View Post
    outside perspective. And sry to the OP - IF you take an nra view to this. What does "hardening schools" look like? Is a single 9mm 10+1 semi CCW in the hands of a "guard" enough to match an high capacity long gun with (or without) a bumpstock? The guard with a 9mm is just another casualty and a nonfactor for a suicidal combatant.

That's what I think. A guy with body armor and an AR is going to be at an advantage over a resource officer with a glock...

Quote Originally Posted by MattClapp View Post

Well with a bump stock I would say he has a chance. Accuracy is very poor with them. I’m fine with them outlawing them though.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast