Question Mega transducer thru Hull 201-pro

Anyone ever mount a thru Hull transducer on their 201 pro XL. Mine is an 05. Currently using Hdsi transducer on side of jackplate with transducer shield saver mount. Am thinking images of mega images might be better on lowest point.
    Any thoughts?

2. Member
    I don't think the mega ducer is designed to be installed that way. You may want to check on the Humminbird page. You will get a better answer there.

3. Member
    Cannot mount an SI/DI transducer thru Hull.

4. Member
    Ok, currently running 1197 at bow and console.
    Upgrading to helix model and current SI transducer is mounted on transducer shield saver attached to jackplate with no obstruction for side imaging. Was thinking if lower in water would get better images and less turbulence. Do you have SI on your boat and is f
    So where is mounted?
    Thanks

5. Member
    You have the best mount that you can have for the SI ducer. Going lower will just get it knocked of. Won’t help the imaging. Can only use it up to about 5-6 mph max anyway. You need to have a Y cable and a glassed in 2D ducer for running and the SI on the jackpkate

6. Member
    Yes i thought so too. I have an in hull high speed transducer and works great over 5 mph. I have to upgrade the shield saver to a mega transducer style shield saver.