Whole house humidifier

What % humidity can you realistically add using a humidifier that is attached to the return duct.

We have a issue during the winter with static electricity. Our humidity when it is real cold gets down to around 15%. With the humidifier we can get it to 20%-25%. Hoping to get it upto 40%. Asking to much?

2. Member
    I have an April Aire 700 series whole house humidifier. Running at 44% right now. This unit has a fan to blow the moisture through the media pad into the furnace return air duct. Works great. Also has an outside sensor to help with regulating.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs

Have you ever noticed what the % of humidity you gained by using it? Trying to figure out if it is the unit, the amount of time it turns on, or just unrealistic goals. Can you keep it at 40+% all winter long?

Just be prepared for a bunch of condensation/ice on your windows when you start pumping that much moisture into your home.

5. Member
    I've been running this system and humidity level for 7 yrs now and no condensation problems whatsoever. And yes, you can keep it at 40% + all winter long. I also have very good windows.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs

6. Banned
    I can’t keep it at 40 when it gets really cold, but I can keep it around 35. Once temps get above freezing I have no trouble keeping it at 40. I too have had no trouble with condensation in my house.

I’ve gained about 7-10% gain in humidity since goin to one. April aire is what I have

7. Member
    We have had the Aprilaire 700 for 18 years and love it. I get the pads from Amazon and they are a ton less than from our contract HVAC company and they are easy to change.