03 vx200 ox66 trouble shooting

last two times out, motor started fine and I had to idle a long stretch. when going to get on plane , motor would kill. would find fuel primer ball soft and would not pick up fuel until I disconnected fuel line exit ball and hold my finger over end while pumping ball. once fuel would start flowing, I would hook line back up and fill vst tank. motor ran fine the rest of the day. was thinking a bad check valve in ball. what do you all think.

I’d change the bulb and all 3 low pressure pumps.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=249083

if your ready to completely end these issues read the thread above.....and do it.....

4. Member
    might have found it. changed bulb and water seperater filter in boat. could not pull fuel thru new filter with new bulb. found fuel line going into fuel separator in boat with a crack in the cover. wasn't leaking fuel but fuel line was old. changed out fuel line from tanks under seat to fuel separator. not a fun job on a foam filled ranger. pumping new bulb filled filter and line to motor in no time. took her out ran fine. might have been sucking a little air. keeping my fingers crossed lol

5. Member
    update
    last 4 trips engine ran fine, think I got it . luckly it was something simple . may help some one else down the road

6. Banned