Question About The "C" Models

I see on the site that they have the "L" models as well as the "C" models. Is the "C" going to hang around for a while or will the "L" design take over? I hate, I repeat HATE the consoles on the "L" models.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

C is for Cup package, Merc 250proxs
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

3. Member
    Being this is the first year of the "L" model I think you could surmise they will eventually replace the "C". The 520/521 C is also only available in a Ranger Cup configuration. We all hated the consoles on the C boats too when they were introduced.

4. Member
    There are many here (ghost and others) that know more than I, but here is what I've heard and read on here. Ranger hopes to at some point have the C's in stock and ready to ship to dealers immediately. To do that, I think they will have to take away custom colors, and make you pick a package. That last part is just my thoughts.

I priced both, and an L with the exact same equipment came in $12k higher; and it's the same hull. Also, that cup package is hard to beat if you like Mercs, and that doesn't even factor in the $1k BP gift card you get for ordering with Merc before 3/31. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that C's way outsold L's this first year anyway. My guess is that in the future C's will become what we use to call the "sport" edition. But right now you can color and customize till your heart's content. Happy Hunting!
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

5. Member
    I've seen the L. Love the boat, but not much difference at all in lay-out compared to C. Different keypad(and location), some aesthetics different. Love the 3D stripes most about this boat, just think it's pretty much the same boat. Can't go wrong w/ either

6. Member
    Ditto on above. C model comes standard with merc power poles and lowrance electronics. If you want an evinrude talons and hummingbird electronics you need to go to L.
    That is what my dealer told me 3 weeks ago.

Like everyone said - the C boat is Ranger's "package boat" I bought one last October - it's a pretty good package!!! The L boat configured basically like mine was pushing 10k higher..
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

8. Member
    I am guessing the "c" or "Ranger Cup package" is only available with a Mercury Pro Xs is probably because Tracker boats have an exclusive deal with Mercury. So they probably get great pricing on those engines, they are probably Mercury's biggest customer, or at least one of their top customers. That being said, I feel the
    "Ranger Cup package" is a great deal. If you want to customize a boat, you will have to buy the "L".

Here is a pretty good video explaining why there is a "C" and an "L".

2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

9. Member
    With all other boat companies having a packaged boat at a lower price, Ranger is following suit with the C boat as their package boat. There are still a lot of options that you can add to the C package boat (Hamby's, Ultrex exchange, sound system, hot foot, hydraulic JP. etc) so it is not as "cookie cutter" as some boats. It is a very well loaded boat for the money if you like Mercury and Lowrance. I found very little difference between it and the L boat as far as standard equipment outside of picking outboard power and electronics, and price.

The C boat does not qualify for the $1,000 BPS card but gets all the other incentives.

10. Banned
    The L consoles look goo in real life

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    The L consoles look goo in real life
    Didn’t like it at first but after I got a good eye to eye look I loved it, I went L also. I really think they will hold onto the C boat to push the Merc and Lowrance package for a few years any way!!

12. Member
    If I were buying new, I'd buy a 520C w/o question. It has all the options I want. In fact more than I want....I'd ditch the power poles.....

In saying that, I think the L's are beautiful....Ranger did a great job with them.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Didn’t like it at first but after I got a good eye to eye look I loved it, I went L also. I really think they will hold onto the C boat to push the Merc and Lowrance package for a few years any way!!
    Tagree awesome boat
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

14. Member
    Doesn't the "c" really mean Comanche? Or at least I thought it used to.

15. Member
    C does mean Comanche. In the 520 the only way to get a C boat is to get the cup package.

16. Banned
    I think c meant competition

17. Member
    The Comanche label has been used to label Ranger's premium boasts since the 1980,s. It is not unique to the "c" series.

Isnt the "c" just the third version of the 520 series...520...Z520...Z520c

19. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Isnt the "c" just the third version of the 520 series...520...Z520...Z520c

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"