Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Legend cancelled my boat order! WTF

I have been running legends for 12 years, buy a new one every 3 years. Was on pro staff till last year. I ordered a new v21 in December, supposed to pick it up in 3 weeks. Just got a call 2 days ago saying they are not building the boat and are only building v-20 from here on out. I have already sold my current boat and am now boatless and pissed off to say the least. They have had my money for over 2 months and just now dropped this bomb on me. I am done with legend and am in complete disbelief of how this can happen.

2. Member
    I had heard they were only building the V20 now. At least you have confirmed the rumor.

3. Member
    In my ethical world, you make a commitment, you keep it. They could have built you the boat they sold you....full stop
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Heard through the grapevine they are done.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Heard through the grapevine they are done.
    They will produce the V20 through december 2019 and then they are done. Don't imagine they are gonna sell many with this kind of bad publicity.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    They will produce the V20 through december 2019 and then they are done. Don't imagine they are gonna sell many with this kind of bad publicity.
    Can't figure why they would stop in the middle of a model year? Looks like they would stop in June, at the end of a model year.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Is this just your guess based off of the "2 year agreement" that has been referenced on here previously. It definitely doesn't look good for the future with what is going on with brand right now. I don't see how going to one model makes sense in the long term for any boat manufacturer. I would guess that only building the V-20 would take them out of the prize boat business as well.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by REW1984 View Post
    Is this just your guess based off of the "2 year agreement" that has been referenced on here previously. .
    yes, and maybe it is June, had a dealer tell me of the 2 year deal too.

9. Member
    I heard they are making a new boat to compete with Vexus Boats. It will be a combination between a triton and a V-20. It will be called the Triton V-20. It will have a carbon fiber hull with glass top cap. It will be fast 78+ with a 97” beam . Also they will incorporate a fan under the deck that blows up your shorts while your fishing.

10. Member
    I’m just amazed on how many “arm chair experts” there are on this forum that have all the inside information.

11. Member
    What a shame! They just got greedy, as they priced themselves out of the market. I was in Legends for the last 10 years and absolutely loved them. The reason i switched to Phoenix last year was the price. Don't get me wrong, i like my Phoenix, but i loved my Legends!
    Pool 10

13. Member
    Sounds like getting your order cancelled could be a blessing in the long run. Now you have the option of getting other boats from manufacturers staying in business.

14. Member
    You don’t have to wait, this one is absolutely gorgeous
    http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...v-20-103223609
    Pool 10

15. Member
    I would be willing to bet the molds are shot, and could not rebuild them for just a few orders.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    That is an awesome looking boat.

17. Member
    Damn.... I love those colors!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    I would be willing to bet the molds are shot, and could not rebuild them for just a few orders.
    Why would they be shot?, I am not familiar with the fiberglass build process.

19. Member
    Every time you build a boat in a mold it creates heat, after a period of time the mold will need to be pulled out of production repaired, cleaned and waxed up to 9 times. If the boat builder only has one mold there comes a point in time that the molds need to be retired and new molds rebuilt if they have orders.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    damn!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast