Prop question for someone KNOWLEDgeable...

Suzuki df70 1999.....on a 16.5 crestliner fishhawk. Top speed is like 30....but when its not WOT but in the upwards and i have to make a sweeping turn.....the prop/motor feels like its just spinning (is it called blow out?) cause i lose power till it catches more water typically when i straighten out. tells me the prop is not right. so.....what prop should I have? I cant tell you what prop i have currently since it is shrink wrapped.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

2. Member
    Instead of a prop issue you might have a motor height or trim issue. I realize you aren't traveling at Mach one, but most times at high throttle settings one must trim down when turning.

3. Member
    Motor height more than likely.

Boating is based on a bunch of trade offs. Raise the motor to get more efficiency and there may be a problem in turns. Depending upon the degree of the turn. I knew in my boat that when entering a turn I had to trim the motor down to reduce ventilation of the propeller. Coming out of the turn I had to trim the motor back to its normal trim angle.

You might also find that a hydrofoil will help reduce or prevent ventilation in a turn.