Linking graphs, panoptix and ultrex- todd driscoll

Todd Driscoll

Back in August you helped me through the BBC forum get my new Nitro Z20 set up with the right combo. I’m ready to order my front graph this week which will be a GPSmap XSV 12”. I have the same at the console in the 10” with shoot through xducer and then mounted to my jackplate(this is what you helped me with). I want to go with Panoptix for the front along with connecting both the front and dash together. What Panoptix transducer would be the best all around. I have the Ultrex mounted for the TM and want to know if there is anything special in mounting the Panoptix and then where to run the cables. I had a Terrova on the old boat and was able to do that by taking the head off and running the cable up through the groove. Any help would be appreciated, again, on making sure I order the right xducer for normal use then the Panoptix and how to mount it correctly on the Ultrex. I have read here and there that sometimes if I am running SV from the front and back I may get interference. The way I look at it, I would like to be able to see whats going on in the front if I am at the console. My son fishes the High School tournament trail in Michigan and at times I am stuck at the console just watching.

If anyone else has any input, I am all ears.

Thanks,
    Jeff

I really like the PS22 with the fixed beam width of 20 degrees, plus this model does both Forward and Down.

With the Ultrex, really nothing special required mounting the Panoptix or your other transducer. I typically mount my Panoptix on the shaft to avoid impact damage with all the stumps we have here in East TX. If impact damage isn't a concern, you can mount it to the barrel which will enable more functional use of Down when you rotate the transducer. Otherwise with the shaft mount the barrel can block some of the Down beams.

For your other transducer on the trolling motor, I'd go with either the GT8 (2d only), 22 (2D and ClearVu), or the 52 (2D, Clear, and SideVu), depending on what views you want at the trolling motor.

To link them for user data and sonar sharing, all you need is an ethernet cable from one unit to the other.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks Todd,

I ended up with the PS22 and the 52 transducers. Can’t wait to get them here and mounted. I will mount the 22 to the shaft to avoid any issues. Going to be a sweet setup when everything is linked.