Things could get interesting today

New fed chief, rates climbing, inflation fears. Now I think the inflation concerns are overblown at this point as I’d rather have growth and some inflation but the market seems pretty fixated on it. Maybe it will be a non event but we shall see.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Whats funny is, I could know ahead of time what the minutes would say, and I would have no idea how the market would react. I think the whole inflation thing is overblown also. Profits are what matters, and companies are reporting good guidance for the upcoming year. I think this market rip roars to the upside, I just don't know when or from what level. But I think the minutes being released are from Yellens last meeting, not sure how much influence the new chief would have in these minutes.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The great unwind will soon be upon us. Thats the wildcard that may trump earnings. I just can't imagine the Fed going to fast
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    I think if interest rates on the 10 year bump over 3 then it may cause a major drop. I don't think it should, because 3 is still historically low, but it seems like that is the psychological number that everyone seems to be talking about. I wish they would take a bigger view of all of this.