Ford extended warranty

I recently purchased a F-150 lariat. Well, because it has so many moving parts I decided to get an extended warranty at the point of purchase. I am now being told from others that I can buy the same warranty through fordfloodesp.com for much less. Anyone have any experience with this. Thanks.

2. Member
    Stick with the manufacturers warranty..I couldn't even get that site to come up..If you can't get the link to work I probably wouldn't trust their warranty service..

3. Member
    I purchased my ESP from the dealer I purchased my f-150 from, they matched the online price quoted (from Flood Ford if I recall).

4. Member
    Dont pay full price on the EW throw out an offer they will come down.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Stick with the manufacturers warranty..I couldn't even get that site to come up..If you can't get the link to work I probably wouldn't trust their warranty service..

Works fine for me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Flood Ford is a legit dealer for Ford Factory extended warranties. The owner sells them for just a small amount over cost but makes his money by selling thounsands of them a year. I used his pricing to bargain at my dealership when purchasing mine.

Yes you can cancel the warranty you purchased and get a refund if it’s within a certain time period. I would call Flood ford to make sure you are within that period and let them help you out.

I bought a extended warranty from ford 3 month s ago for my 2015 F250 Platinum , got 3 year another 36,000 Miles paid $2,000.00
    for it , covers everything, usually don’t keep a truck this long but I have done a top , lights ect. and I like it . Felt like a fair price to me . They are just to complicated to not have a warranty.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Works fine for me.
    Hmmm..I typed the link in he gave on my phone and it won't come up....Never heard of Flood ford....I just hear alot of complaints on aftermarket warranties, didn't realize this one sold the manufacturers warranry..

9. Member

Many don't think extended warranties on vehicles (the entire vehicle) are worth it, but extended warranties on boat engines (just the engine) are extremely popular.

3rd party warranty companies can be borderline scam, but if you can get a warranty through Ford I would consider it. Know exactly what you are buying. When things go wrong in today's high tech vehicles repair costs can be astronomical--way, way beyond paying for the repair with the pocketed money saved by not buying the extended warranty. And before your next new vehicle purchase, it's easy to sell your vehicle yourself to a 3rd party when they can assume the full warranty. You will recoup most of the cost for it right then.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    3rd party warranty companies can be borderline scam, but if you can get a warranty through Ford I would consider it. Know exactly what you are buying. When things go wrong in today's high tech vehicles repair costs can be astronomical--way, way beyond paying for the repair with the pocketed money saved by not buying the extended warranty. And before your next new vehicle purchase, it's easy to sell your vehicle yourself to a 3rd party when they can assume the full warranty. You will recoup most of the cost for it right then.
    Yep. Make sure you read the paperwork carefully and know what you are getting. EasyCare is the one a lot of Ford places pitch at you, some salesmen even say it's Ford's warranty plan but it's not.

$2,000 can go a long ways in repairs, especially at an actual mechanic shop instead of the stealership.

Just wait.....

I had a couple of issues with my 2011 Ecobeast before the regular warranty was up. I asked for an extended warranty due to these issues and they gave me one much to my surprise.

13. Member
    I use to never buy an extended warranty but with all the electronics on todays vehicle it is a good idea. Just make sure to buy the one offered by the maker. Have friend that was a service manager for Lexus and if the radio went out it costs over $5k, course it is more than just a radio. My new Pilot has a screen that controls all sorts of thing, not sure of the cost to replace but decided on extended warranty. I went with the Honda Care bumper to bumper to 7 years 100k miles for less than $1200 on line. Good at any Honda dealer except ones in Florida with zero deductible. On the F150 forum, Flood Ford is just one dealer that sells in volume and is way cheaper than most dealers.

14. Member
    Also when buying these extended warranty policies check to make sure that they kick in after the original manufactures warranty expires and that it does not run side by side with the original manufactures warranty and then it only gives you one or two years of coverage after that. Last new car I bought I did buy the Nissan extended warranty, I got the paperwork home just to discover that my 4 years extended warranty package ran right next to my 3 year -36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty from Nissan, so that meant that I paid $1800.00 for an extra year of warranty, luckily I was in the allotted time frame to cancel the extended warranty and I did recover my money.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Ahhh..The OP had Flood ford and Ford Flood backwards.... Good to know info either way

16. Member
    I never bought an extended warranty until I got my Grand Cherokee last year and its got so many electronic gadgets on it and only a 36k mile warranty I figured something will go out eventually and I plan to drive this car a long time. I searched online and found a mopar warranty at half the cost from a dealership in Michigan and my Jeep dealer matched the price (it was an unlimited bumper to bumper lifetime warranty w/ $100 deductible each time I need it). ALWAYS search around to see who sells the manufacturers warranty cheaper and negotiate it like you would your car purchase if you want one.