2018 FX-20 demo ride with Ron Shaw in Oklahoma City

I went out on Friday last week in a Skeeter FX-20 for a demo ride with a Skeeter Demo Driver, Ron Shaw. What a wonderful man and what a wonderful boat. My wife and I met him at his home and he took us to a local lake for a demo ride. I am thrilled that we went. He discussed the build of the boat, performance characteristics, and the fishability of the boat for a long time, and then it was time to hit the lake. What a performer. He never frightened me in any way and always warned me when he was going to make a maneuver that I may have not experienced. He turned the boat at 40 miles an hour like it was on rails. It was really incredible. He also rode down the lake at full speed with his hands off the steering wheel. We hit some fairly rough water and the boat had the smoothest ride I have ever experienced. The boat did not chine walk at all and hit a top speed of over 70 miles per hour. Hole shot was incredibly fast. To say I am impressed with Mr. Shaw's driving skill and the performance of the Skeeter FX-20 is an understatement. I have never been impressed with a boat quite as much as this boat impressed me. The ride was incredibly comfortable and smooth. The fit and finish of the boat was perfect and the seats were very comfortable. The boat was also extremely stable with the trolling motor down. The Yamaha 250 was very quiet and a real performer. If you are ever offered an opportunity to go out with one of Skeeter's professional demo boat drivers, do yourself a favor and do it. If that demo boat driver's name is Ron Shaw, jump on the opportunity immediately.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
    I went out on Friday last week in a Skeeter FX-20 for a demo ride with a Skeeter Demo Driver, Ron Shaw. What a wonderful man and what a wonderful boat. My wife and I met him at his home and he took us to a local lake for a demo ride. I am thrilled that we went. He discussed the build of the boat, performance characteristics, and the fishability of the boat for a long time, and then it was time to hit the lake. What a performer. He never frightened me in any way and always warned me when he was going to make a maneuver that I may have not experienced. He turned the boat at 40 miles an hour like it was on rails. It was really incredible. He also rode down the lake at full speed with his hands off the steering wheel. We hit some fairly rough water and the boat had the smoothest ride I have ever experienced. The boat did not chine walk at all and hit a top speed of over 70 miles per hour. Hole shot was incredibly fast. To say I am impressed with Mr. Shaw's driving skill and the performance of the Skeeter FX-20 is an understatement. I have never been impressed with a boat quite as much as this boat impressed me. The ride was incredibly comfortable and smooth. The fit and finish of the boat was perfect and the seats were very comfortable. The boat was also extremely stable with the trolling motor down. The Yamaha 250 was very quiet and a real performer. If you are ever offered an opportunity to go out with one of Skeeter's professional demo boat drivers, do yourself a favor and do it. If that demo boat driver's name is Ron Shaw, jump on the opportunity immediately.
    Didja buy one????
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

Ron is a buddy of mine! He is the man behind the wheel!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

4. Member
    I loved every second of it. He is a great driver and a very nice guy.

5. Member
    Just met Ron yesterday at an Outdoor Show in New York. I'd have to agree with your comments.....what a great guy! Very knowledgeable and willing to answer all of my questions. Would love to do a demo ride someday with him as well.

6. Member

Ron Shaw and the Skeeter FX-20 demo ride

Quote Originally Posted by Vrybusy View Post
    Just met Ron yesterday at an Outdoor Show in New York. I'd have to agree with your comments.....what a great guy! Very knowledgeable and willing to answer all of my questions. Would love to do a demo ride someday with him as well.
    You owe it to yourself to go out with Ron. He is extremely professional and knows Skeeter boats inside and out. Both Ron Shaw and the Skeeter FX boats are very impressive. He demonstrated things to me that I had no idea a Skeeter boat could do. Take the Demo ride. I am glad I did.

7. Member
    I would like to take my 21i to him and have him drive it so I can see what the ol girl has in her

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    I would like to take my 21i to him and have him drive it so I can see what the ol girl has in her
    I am confident he would do it, and I doubt you could find anyone with more performance knowledge on a Skeeter boat. This guy is amazing behind the wheel of a Skeeter, and he is very eager to share his knowledge and love of Skeeter boats. I really could not have been more impressed. Give Ron a call. I am certain he will hook you up!