Power pole install question

I will be installing two 10ft blade power poles this weekend on my 2018 z519 but am not sure where to put the pumps. I have a 4th battery right infront of the charger. Can I take the cover off in the splash well and install them in there? What has everyone else been doing?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    That’s a tough one. I assume you have an oil tank alongside your cranking battery? My 519 does not have an onboard oil tank (G2), so I have 2 batteries on each side and the space in front of the charger is open. I know a few guys have removed their onboard charger and rigged it with a harness to be portable, but that would be an extreme measure for anyone who wanted to keep his charger onboard. My 520c had room for dual power pole pumps, 4 batteries, onboard oil tank, and 4-bank charger, but the 519 is tighter....
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Yes I have a oil tank. I also don't want to remove my battery charger but might end up having to remove my 4th battery and install them there and just run the single cranking battery

4. Banned
    I mounted my pumps along side the prop holder. I carry the spare prop in my truck. It is really tight in there. Good luck

5. Member
    Mine are mounted under the splash well. That cover comes off and it opens up to a perfect power pole pump cavity. Almost like it is made for it. I have some brackets that were installed on the backside of the plate that my charger is bolted to. My boat was rigged this way at the dealership and they couldn't of put them in a better spot. I don't even know they are in there when I open up the bilge other than I can see the lights blinking way in the back.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Mine are mounted under the splash well. That cover comes off and it opens up to a perfect power pole pump cavity. Almost like it is made for it. I have some brackets that were installed on the backside of the plate that my charger is bolted to. My boat was rigged this way at the dealership and they couldn't of put them in a better spot. I don't even know they are in there when I open up the bilge other than I can see the lights blinking way in the back.
    Good deal I was hoping they would go in there as I don't want to loose my 4th battery!

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Just rigged up a 2005 z21 with the pumps back there, it gets kind of tight with the hoses and wiring but it turns out very nice and clean! Never even know they are there.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    most go in the splashwell on those boats

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    I mounted my pumps along side the prop holder. I carry the spare prop in my truck. It is really tight in there. Good luck
    Same here

10. Member
    ranger makes bracket boards.two pumps fit on one board to one side or one board one pump each side qty two boards. clean setup

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steelmon View Post
    ranger makes bracket boards.two pumps fit on one board to one side or one board one pump each side qty two boards. clean setup
    I might look into those!

12. Member
    How about running the lines through the top cap? Do you guys go through the rigging hole or do they make a nice fitting to run through the top cap? I have the cm2 pumps so it has the hoses instead of the hard lines

That is what was used in my boat. That board was like $10.00 plus shipping. Two guys from our club just added poles to their boats (520VX & a 518VX) and that is what they used.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS

14. Member
    Does anyone have pics of the pumps under the splash well they could post? Thanks!