Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

08 Champion plant employee?

Would anyone on this board know how many 210 Champs were built with a 300HPDI around 2007 thru 2008.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure the plant rigged engines? Most dealers put the engine on once they get them. I'm sure others will know for sure.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

3. Member
    I let a few more chime in before I tell one heck of a story that I'm still trying to get to the bottom of but I was told that my 210 Champ was the only one rigged with a 300 HPDI during those times. If it was then this story may be true.

4. Banned
    I’ll await this story!

Im not sure many were putting 300’s on boats because of the hp restrictions in some of the tournaments. I looked at a Skeeter with a 300 yami and the guy was having hell selling it because of the motor.

5. Banned
    ... Dan

6. Member
    I saw a red 210 with a 275 verado for sale in Oklahoma late last year.

Really no way to tell other than hearsay. The records, if any, are long gone.

8. Member
    I have an 08 210 that I bought in 2013. It had an 08 300XS. I lived in Florida at the time but bought the boat in Milwaukee. There was info on the boat and trailer from Ozawkie Marine in Kansas who I worked for before I left Kansas. I assume Ozawkie rigged the 210 with the 300XS as opposed to the Champion factory sending it out already rigged but don't know for sure.
    GETFISHED !!!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

10. Member
    Ive tried to verify this story with all involved except for the dealer,who I haven't asked, and I did speak to a salesman who was working at the dealer at the time and even he is skeptical.
    Ill try to leave names out.
    I sold my 08 Champion 210 with 300 HPDI to a guy in California who happens to be friends with lots of people across this country including a guy that lives about 30 minutes from me who ive become friends with. This friend picks up the boat for the Californian and proceeds to tell me that he knows who owned my boat before me. I'm like well couldn't be because my boat was special ordered and no hrs were on the outboard. He goes on to tell me that my boat was a demo model with a 300 HPDI and it was the only 210 Champ with those colors that was ever built with a 300HPDI . He says one of the Champion regional salesman used it for a short time and that he some how dropped this boat on a concrete boat ramp causing damage to the transom. The boat then gets sent back to the plant for repair and about that same time I order my boat from my dealer. The dealer calls this regional salesman knowing its roughly the same boat I'm ordering and tells him he has a buyer for it. Now I don't know if the seats and graphs were the same as this salesman guys boat but when I took owner ship it was as I ordered. These items are easily changed so its possible.
    As hes telling me this Im kinda brain scrambled like youd be if your parents just told you that you were adopted. So for the past 24 hrs Ive been trying to wade thru the junk to see if there is any truth to this story. Keep in mind that the guy that picked my boat up and the guy I sold it to and the Champion regional guy and my dealer and salesman that worked for the dealer all know each other and are still FB friends so if one knows the truth then they all should know. As some of you know about 3yrs in to owner ship of my boat I had some transom flexing going on. I call the dealer about it and at the time I was worried because Champion had been out of biz for a short time but I think whoever owned Ranger and Stratos at the time was backing the Champion Boats but dealer says no problem sends it back to the plant they fix at no cost to me and all has been good since. Now did they take care of this because they knew it had been repaired before or was it just the standard warranty repair that happens between dealer and plant. So far I've been told by the Champion Regional guy that its just a story and that there is a boat somewhere that carries this story but he doesn't think its mine but Vin verifying would be the only way and that paper work is no where to be found. Dealer salesman says he's 99.9 % sure that it didn't happen. All other guys involved believe its the same boat. Me, I don't know what to think but I've got another boat to buy someday in the future and I don't know if I can trust the same dealer or not. Things that make you go Hmmm.
    Last edited by champ210; 02-21-2018 at 12:19 PM.

11. Member
    My gut tells me it was not the same boat.

12. Member
    Thing that makes me wonder is that my dealer is not a high volume mover. Esp back in07- 08. He maybe only moved 10 to 15 Champs that yr. Whats the possiblity of 2 being the same color 210 Elites with a 300 hpdi and transom issues. I hope your right but makes me wonder
    Last edited by champ210; 02-21-2018 at 07:20 PM.

13. Banned
    Pics of your boat? I’ve looked at a ton of boats on Facebook and would be interested to see if I’ve seen one similar.

What is your hulls build date? Last couple numbers of the hull id #
    Last edited by grout-scout; 02-21-2018 at 04:42 PM.

14. Member
    Pics of mine are in the champion owners rigs under champ 210 white hull red stripes. A808
    I ordered mine around dec 07 and picked up around feb 08
    Last edited by champ210; 02-21-2018 at 07:22 PM.

15. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Thing that makes me wonder is that my dealer is not a high volume mover. Esp back in 08. He maybe only moved 10 to 15 Champs that yr. Whats the possiblity of 2 being the same color 210 Elites with a 300 hpdi and transom issues. I hope your right but makes me wonder
    There was a year when many of the 210s had a transom flexing issue. Repaired under warranty. So...not so strange....

16. Member
    Lea, You need to read the whole shebang to see what I'm trying to figure out.

17. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Lea, You need to read the whole shebang to see what I'm trying to figure out.
    Call BCB and ask to talk to Jason Bragg, he was the brand manager at the time your boat was made.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    I saw a red 210 with a 275 verado for sale in Oklahoma late last year.
    It's still for sale. Odd combination, but really nice rig.

19. Banned
    Lea and other gurus, an A808 is a Jan built boat from 2008, right? First letter is the month, second was the year built and 08 was the titled year.

Edit......wrong date posted by the OP, no drama now since the info below is now wrong....

if you ordered it in dec of 2008 and it was already built (Jan 2008)......... but wait for
    confirmation from one of the champ experts before taking my word.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 02-21-2018 at 07:23 PM.

20. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Yes, built in Jan 08 and titled as 08, so if champ210 took delivery in Jan or Feb 09, the boat was actually a year old

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast