Boone Outdoor Anti-Rattle

Anyone use this devise to stop hitch rattle. About to drive me crazy.

I watched their Youtube video. Neat device. But, the same thing can be done by driving a couple wood or metal wedges between the receiver and drawbar.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Banned
    I welded a 5/8" nut to the receiver tube and tighten a bolt in it to keep movement out.

It's time consuming and a PIA to do but it's cheap and it works .
    Take a welder and run a couple of short beads on the top and one side of the receiver. Then grind em back in a wedge shape to shim it tight. May have to use a hammer the first few times if you need to remove it.. But will stop the rattle and pop.

5. Member
    Thanks guys.

6. Member

It's not always a loose hitch/receiver. Mine did the same thing, but when I rebuilt the Surge Brake Cylinder and replaced the surge shock, now I have no problem. Until I did that, I used a U-Bolt with the top over the lip on the receiver and the bar under the hitch. That made the connection solid, and the hitch couldn't move.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

8. Member
    I use some of my leftover silicon caulk from around the house jobs. Put several rows of silicon down each side of the square shank and a good ring around the opening in the receiver (part attached to the tow vehicle) and insert the shank. Let dry for a day or so before towing and leave in for the season. Sometimes I have to tie a rope to the ball and to a telephone pole to get it out - we are not supposed to have a bare ball with no trailer on it in this great, over regulated state !!. Guess some law maker saw Bill Dance wack his knee on an exposed trailer hitch ball.

9. Member
    I used to tape my hitch and pound it in the receiver. I removed it, drilled and tapped the side of the receiver for a 5/16 x 18 bolt which I use with a locking nut to lock it after I tighten it against the hitch bar. Voila! No more clunking.