Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also, here is a pic of the type of terminal lugs you will need for your battery cables:

Anyways, be safe and do some research before you tackle the job.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

The terminal block on Amazon will work. Just make sure it is rated for 60 Amps DC.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteangler View Post
    The terminal block on Amazon will work. Just make sure it is rated for 60 Amps DC.
    of course....I decided to go with the plug and receptacle. The more I thought about the "worst case" if I have to rewire, remove or anything like that....the plug will make my life much easier! Im a classic overthinker...whos also frugal so try and get away as cheaply as possible. Figured the block would save a few bucks...but the more I thought about it it wasnt worth it

thanks for the words....and heads up on the lugs cuz I tossed them into the order I just placed!

4. Member
    go to genuinedealz.com
    Click on Custom Cables and have them build all the wires you need with lugs and shrink tubing already installed.

Super easy, online order process works great, usually ships within a day or two. Now you just bolt it all together and you have custom factory grade connections that last.

They also have voltage calculators, terminal blocks, fuses, etc...

Have made several orders with them. Excellent product and great service and fast turn around times.

5. Member
    Recommend the Battery Tender Trolling motor plug.

Quote Originally Posted by friogatto View Post
    Recommend the Battery Tender Trolling motor plug.
    Agreed. This is the one I have.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by friogatto View Post
    go to genuinedealz.com
    Click on Custom Cables and have them build all the wires you need with lugs and shrink tubing already installed.

Super easy, online order process works great, usually ships within a day or two. Now you just bolt it all together and you have custom factory grade connections that last.

They also have voltage calculators, terminal blocks, fuses, etc...

Have made several orders with them. Excellent product and great service and fast turn around times.
    Damn....ordered yesterday at about noon! Hopefully I dont need anymore wire...but if I do ill look them up.

I ordered the MK plug...even though I havent read much good on it. Ill leave slack in the wires....hopefully the MK plug and adapter(extra $ smh) last me. If not ill definitely go with that battery tender...i havent read many...if any bad things about anything batter tender!

8. Member
    go to genuinedealz.com
    I've used this guy with great results as well. I used taped "split bolt connectors" at the tm, no plug and a breakers similar to yours for the disconnect in the back. You might want to look at the voltage drop charts/calculations on his site as well......that's why the big copper is needed.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteangler View Post
    Agreed. This is the one I have.
    will 6awh gauge wire work with that Battery Tender Trolling motor plug?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Does anybody besides me see an accident waiting to happen in this post. Get the breaker before you go out. Batteries can bounce, wires move, you never know what's going to happen in a battery compartment. Fire is not something you want, especially in open water.
    Hi John. I see additional dangers in the haste the poster has exhibited. Not to call bockscar a fool just quoting Ben Franklin accurately. There are so many angles and opportunities for failure here, as well as success. Batteries need to be properly restrained. Current limiters need to be at source to protect the wiring and indirectly the equipment. Wiring needs to be routed in such a way that it will not chafe. Forward weight in a boat is limited because many won't plane properly if unbalanced due to drag. A method of connecting and disconnecting a trolling motor is convenient for servicing, battery charging and safety. These are just a few of the issues that he will encounter.
    I admire his confidence but have concern about his experience.

Benjamin Franklin Quotes. Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other.

11. Member
    Oh BTW, but I'm sure the poster knows this :
    Bockscar:Bockscar is the name of the United States Army Air Forces B-29 bomber that dropped a Fat Man nuclear weapon over the Japanese city of Nagasaki during World War II in the second and last nuclear attack in history. Wikipedia

12. Member
    I'll add that batteries up front will kill your speed. And in rough water the batteries will take a much harder pounding, probably leading to multiple premature battery issues.

13. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wagszrx View Post
    will 6awh gauge wire work with that Battery Tender Trolling motor plug?
    Yes. You need to have appropriate ring terminals crimped on the ends of the wires though.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

14. Member
    Genuinedealz.com is the old site, and has higher prices than bestboatwire.com , which is the new site.

It is the same outfit.

I presume the owner is capitalizing on the old site's previous reputation to make more profit for those that ASSume without doing a new price search.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12