Spool bearing cleaning

What do you all do to clean your stock Diawa spool bearings and upgrades ZPI sic hybrid bearings.

2. Member
    Ultrasonic cleaner /w bearings in a glass baby food jar /w acetone or lighter fluid for 2x 480 second cycles. More if the bearing isn't clean. Compressed air to spin test/dry. Do this process until the bearing spins freely and without any noise and abrupt stopping. It should stop smooth and slowly.

A bearing blaster /w brake cleaner is also a cheaper and very effective method. I always rinse the bearings in 99% propyl alcohol when done to make sure any residue is gone.

3. Member
    I use spray CRC Electronic Cleaner. I place the bearings in a tiny food strainer my wife gave me, step outside and blast them with the red tube supplied with the cleaner. The stuff strips grease and oil in seconds, leaves no residue and dries instantly. A quick rinse in lighter fluid and they are good to go. Bearings are clean in less than 5 minutes. If you pack your pinion bearing in grease, it will be gone in seconds. Walmart sells it in the automotive section. It is great to use on the boat also and won't blow you up.

If you have the tools it literally takes seconds ...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=880632
    Ranting incoherently

Nothing too sophisticated for me. An old aspirin bottle and a good squirt of lighter fluid. Let them soak for 5 or 10 minutes...give the bottle a good shake and lay the bearings out on a clean blue paper shop towel to air dry.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.